• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Wayne Roxio User

Roxio does not repond when clicking icon

Question

I'm a little disappointed. I found a problem, documented it, and noted another person that had the issue. It was buried in another thread and not responded to, but I'm not the only one.

In my case, however, my problem was 'fixed' on the board by deleting the post. Thanks, whoever. I'm assuming that if it was an accident, I would have got a PM apologizing.

Dead post: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=29118

I'm going to explain again in the hopes it won't be deleted again.

I noticed in this post: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=28789

That I wasn't the only one who had problems getting Roxio to respond when I clicked the icons.

.....(slightly edited by Wayne)

I installed EMC 10 from the CD. Had no problems with the install.

The following applets opened with no problems:

Backon Track, Cine Player, Cine Magic, Create Panaromas

Media Import, Multi Photo Enhancer, Photo Suite, Video Wave

The following would not open:

Creator Classic, Label Creator, Sound Editor, Music Disk Creator

Video Copy & Connect, Audio Converter, Audio Tag Editor

Auto Mix, DVD Music Assistant, Easy Audio Capture, LP & Tape Assistant.

Would appreciate any help, especially since Best Buy will not take it back and I don't need a $79.95 coaster.

He received no reply. I had the same issue, my Roxio EMC 10 worked fine for a week, then stopped responding. One exception: I didn't check every program. My main program, CD/DVD burner, and Creator Classic didn't work. I quit there, and saw the other post later.

It took a full uninstall of all Roxio programs, several registry and disk drive sweeps, and a reinstall to get the program working again. It's running....for now.

I know this program was beta tested due to prior posts, but it sure seems to have a lot of issues compared to Roxio EMC 9. (That had it's own minor bugs, but was stable).

Questions:

- Has anyone else had this issue?

- Anyone know what's causing it, or how to fix it, aside from going through a lot of work to clear the Roxio programs off the computer?

- Roxio doesn't have a history of issuing service packs to fix repeatable issues. (See Roxio EMC 9). Is there a chance, even a small one, that Roxio might change their stance on this? Trashed hard drives, programs that don't run, this is not the hallmark of customer satisfaction or repeat business.

Thanks, Wayne

ASUS home-built Win XP SP2 machine, 1.2 Gig ram, NVidia GeForce 6600 video card, I am running iTunes 7.4.3.1, since I saw that mentioned once.

Edited by Wayne Roxio User

I installed Roxio 10 after a nightmare with Roxio 6 (long aggravating story), figuring it would solve my problem. It did. So, a few weeks later I went back to use it. Nothing. You all know the problem. It won't start. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled, LOTS of time involved. Finally, it worked fine. A couple weeks later I tried to use it again, it won't start.

errrhghghh!

I come here for help and discovered my problem is a common one that has been going on for a long time...apparently with no Roxio suggestions?????? Did I miss something?

I'm NOT going to go through the cleaning reinstalling process again and its been more than 30 days since I bought it so I can't get my money back. If they can't fix it or don't refund my money (which would be a GOOD customer service thing to do when I call Monday), then...

I'll email all of my 21,400+ people on my Newsletter List and tell them the problem I've had and that in my lowly opinion, I do NOT recommend this program and that they might want to inform their friends about the difficulties that I've had. Word travels fast.

Oh, and I can also make an announcement on my discussion boards that have more than 20,000 registered users, way over 1.3 million posts, and 1.2 million page views monthly, and let them know about the problem.

And, no joke, I have a radio show... but I'll probably not mention it there.

Anyway, Roxio needs to step up to the plate fast.

Admit you have a problem.

State you're busting your rears to fix it.

Fix it.

Provide a free patch.

This way you retain your loyalty base.

I'll call them on Monday and see what they have to offer. If they don't fix it and I can't get my money back, then its Newsletter/Discussion board time.

I just want it to work or give me my money back so I can get something that does!

[snip]

I installed Roxio 10 after a nightmare with Roxio 6 (long aggravating story), figuring it would solve my problem. It did. So, a few weeks later I went back to use it. Nothing. You all know the problem. It won't start. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled, LOTS of time involved. Finally, it worked fine. A couple weeks later I tried to use it again, it won't start.

I don't know the problem. What invaded your computer to knock down EMC 10, which you said was working?

I don't know the problem. What invaded your computer to knock down EMC 10, which you said was working?

I did nothing.

After Five years of deskside tech work, I know that programs can conflict. But I had it running after a new build of XP, SATA, etc. After all my programs were installed in the system was fine tuned, that's when I had the problem the first time. I deinstalled, cleaned it, reinstalled it and it worked. There's been nothing changed in the system since.... unless a Microsoft update did something.

I have XP PRO, 4 gig ram, 3.0 gz.

The only way I could get it to work the the second time was to deinstall and strip it out of the registry. A reinstall worked and then it failed again later.

I've read others here who have the same problem.

<Just the facts folks... removed argumentative comments - Tom at Roxio>

Edited by Tom at Roxio

If others were having the same problem besides those two instances so far, can you provide the links? It would strengthen your case more than hyperbole.

Edit: Two threads were edited together (Matt's into mine) so I edited this reply to Matt so it made more sense. Plus, the issue is now being addressed so I removed my 'frustrated by lack of response' comments.

oh yeah, prowess.... I'm an ego maniac who's SICK and TIRED of programs not working.

I've been a desk side tech for five years. So, it isn't "me".

Lighten up and do some reading around here. Others are having the same problem.

I did nothing.

After Five years of deskside tech work, I know that programs can conflict. But I had it running after a new build of XP, SATA, etc. After all my programs were installed in the system was fine tuned, that's when I had the problem the first time. I deinstalled, cleaned it, reinstalled it and it worked. There's been nothing changed in the system since.... unless a Microsoft update did something.

I have XP PRO, 4 gig ram, 3.0 gz.

The only way I could get it to work the the second time was to deinstall and strip it out of the registry. A reinstall worked and then it failed again later.

I've read others here who have the same problem.

I remember posts by some others who have had that problem. I wonder what all of them have in common as far as software. There must be some common element that is causing it.

I have mine installed on an XP system since it came out, and I haven't had the problem of it not working. One thing, I have not installed any Windows Updates in about 3 months. I used to use the update as soon as they came out, but since June or July, I have read posts (on other forums) of problems with progams, so I have nt installed any.

I remember posts by some others who have had that problem. I wonder what all of them have in common as far as software. There must be some common element that is causing it.

I have mine installed on an XP system since it came out, and I haven't had the problem of it not working. One thing, I have not installed any Windows Updates in about 3 months. I used to use the update as soon as they came out, but since June or July, I have read posts (on other forums) of problems with progams, so I have nt installed any.

I'd be willing to compare notes on my system, programs, etc. Maybe we could find a common denominator?

Is it only xp pro?

I have norton system works 2007, maybe that is hosing it. Firewall is off.

I have a wireless router.

Since Roxio hasn't figured it out, maybe we can.

I'd be willing to compare notes on my system, programs, etc. Maybe we could find a common denominator?

Is it only xp pro?

Well, I have Norton SystemWorks 2005, and I have WinDoctor ignore any ActiveX problems it finds. In EMC 9 Deluxe, if you had Norton remove those entries, it caused the "Trial Version" notice to come up.

In EMC 10, if you have Norton remove the entries, you don't get that message, but nothing happens when you click on any of the EMC 10 programs.

I don't use One Button Cleanup, because that causes the same problem in EMC 9 Deluxe. I haven't used OBC in EMC 10 and won't. :)

Edited: I mistyped my Norton Version. I have 2005, not 2007. Sorry about that.

Edited by grandpabruce

Is it only xp pro?

I for one haven't had the time or knowledge to make my EMC10 work on a Window Vista operating system upgrade of XP(windows Installer problem). I also have spent hours cleaning registries and reinstalling with no success. BUT, I do have an open work ticket and a few suggestions from a technician with a phone number to call after I get some free time to experiment again. I will agree with someone on another post that their technical support phone numbers are SO burried in the roxio.com page, that it adds fuel to the frustration of trying to get things fixed. One last thing, the replies sound condescending from the techies that respond and some may need to be.

Again I had to remove some pointless argument from this thread. I would encourage everyone to focus on the facts of the problem and not the emotions or opinions. The point of these threads should be to get the information needed to identify the problem, the cause of the problem and the solution. Everything else is just noise, or worse yet, aggravation.

Getting back to the subject... it sounds like Norton Systemworks is cleaning up your system in a way that causes Easy Media Creator a problem. You may need to uninstall EMC 10, turn off Systemworks and reinstall EMC 10.

We urge Roxio customers not to use registry cleaners or system "clean-up" utilities. They are often the cause of major problems.

Tom

In this post for NTDLR: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...27932&st=75

There is this comment:

OK. You want facts. I have WinXP Pro SP2 running EMC9. I decide to update to ECM10. I uninstall ECM9, install ECM10. Seems to install till restart. It then goes NTLDR missing etc. I repair. PC restarts ok. ECM10 opens. Two days later ECM10 goes into beached whale syndrome (icon refuses to respond, shortcut refuses to respond, exe refuses to respond). I uninstall. I do a clean install. NTDLR goes missing on restart. I repair. ECM10 seems to work. Two days later goes into beached whale syndrome. I give up. .....(rest of post does not apply to this issue)

People don't seem to be posting here, but I am seeing the problem pop up in other threads.

The comment about registry cleaners is noted. Of all the ones I have used, Norton's is by far the 'gentleist.' I have Systemworks 2006 and have not run the registry cleaner since installing Roxio EMC 10 and getting it to work. I will keep that in mind the next time I use it and see if the "non-response" problem happens after that.

Just as a point, I never had that issue with EMC 9; it was stable for a year with multiple Norton registry sweeps. I've used Roxio since back at 4; I currently have CD's or digital downloads for 7, 8, 9, and 10. This is the first version I've had issues with. I'm assuming part of the issues is trying to make it compatible with both XP and Vista's new requirements. I'm hoping a service pack comes out at some point to fix issues users are reporting.

I did have to use a cleaner after uninstalling Roxio EMC 10 as the problem persisted after a new reinstall. Something in the registry or a hidden file/setting was buggering it up. I had to do two full sweeps looking for "Roxio" using RegSeeker to get it all out, after which I reinstalled and it worked fine.

If you have any other suggestions to look out for, please let us know. Thank you for not deleting the post again, and taking a look at the problem. (NOT said with sarcasm.)

i m having the same problem ,after installing all the programms work fine but when try to use later on it will not respond / plz read signature for sys information / i purchased emc 10 only few days ago and since installed re-installed three times , i have also tried clean boot / stopping all the start up programmes / but nothing seem to work , only reinstall / or is it the each time u need to reinstall ? anyone anywhere with a soloution , many thanks /

How to disable Roxio EMC 10 (i.e. the "does not respond when double-clicking" issue.)

1. Install Roxio EMC 10

2. Everything works great

3. Run Symantec's Norton WinDoctor (or most likely other registry cleaners as well)

4. Reboot (I didn't verify the program was dead before I rebooted)

5. Click Roxio EMC 10. Program is now dead.

I don't have the same options as above. Of the icons in my folder

Works: BackOnTrack Home

Dead: Everything else.

--CinePlayer (splash screen only), Creator Classic, Easy Media Creator 10 Suite, Label Creator, Music Disk Creator, MyDVD, PhotoSUite, Sound Editor, Video Copy & Convert, VideoWave

I know the Roxio Instinct is to say, "It's not our fault, blame the other guy." See, the thing is you're a big company. We can't pick up the phone, talk to Symantec, and get them to work with us to make their program and yours compatible. You can.

I've used lots of registry cleaners--many much deeper and thorough than Symantec's. None of them have any problem with any other program in my system. Your program takes a dump on one of the gentlest registry cleaners out there.

Then I have to uninstall your program step by step because you didn't include a comprehensive uninstaller.

Then I have to use a very comprehensive and exhaustive registry cleaner to get Roxio EMC 10 off my system and back to a point where it will work when I reinstall it. Cruel irony there.

In reality, I'm not going to take a chance on running this timely uninstall-reinstall cycle with this program again, unless I see a huge, honkin' EMC 10 patch. A review of this board shows it was definitely not ready to be released to the general public. Any program which destroys your NTDLR (happened to me once), is incompatible with common registry cleaners, is extremely difficult and time consuming to uninstall (even with the end-user programs written to help uninstall it, then having to do multiple registry sweeps and reboots), not to mention all the issues I haven't run into yet because I haven't had enough time yet to see the other features, all indicate this program was not ready.

I'm going back to Roxio EMC9, I'm going back to it's simpler problems like needing to put "___" before folder names because the DVD burner chops the first three letters off folder names. At least version 9 problems were minor, and easily worked around.

Unfortunately, as they weren't fixed, it was also a sign that Roxio doesn't release patches to fix their problems.

Please call me when EMC 11 is released, I'll watch the board and see what the "early adopters" say before I purchase (kudos to you, by the way, for allowing dissenting posts to stay up). I've swore by your program since version 4, now I have to be wary. I'd love to trade in a barely used Roxio EMC 10 disk and video capture dongle for a working version 11. My "customer service" advice if you want people to come back is offer one heck of a "no questions asked" return policy.

Actually if you're going back to EMC9, you should really know that the Norton WinDoctor problem first surfaced in that.

• Norton Systemworks 2006 (using the one-button scan or WinDoctor)

• Iolo SystemMechanic 6

RegSeeker (1.3 up to 1.55)

CCleaner

None of these registry cleaners had any issue with Roxio EMC 9. I ran them often.

Since everything worked, I never searched for a web board looking for answers.

Your mileage may vary.

If you're saying registry editors--specifically Systemworks--were known to cause problems, please link to a detailed post (like this one) or a series of posts from another forum (or a Roxio technical report) to provide some factual basis.

After all, everyone knows that's how you make a point.

Well, almost everyone.

B)

Well Here is another one. EMC 10 stops working after a few reboots. XP-Pro, Norton System works 2006. Uninstall time consuming but re-install works for a while and cycle repeats. Come on Roxio help us all out :angry2:

Wayne, as it appears you don't know your way round a forum, try typine 'One Button Checkup' in the search box at the home page.

I'm certainly not going to list all the links that show there, but just to start you, here's one

Wayne / i have the same pridicament / issue occurs exactly as u describe with only exception that i m using mcaffee internet security suit 2007 / so this is proved not assumed that its registry cleaner which causes this issue / now the next step is who is going to remedy / i think since its conflicting with all the registry cleaners its roxio's responsibility to make a patch or advise a alternative / i have been a loyal roxio customer since EMC 8 but i am having my doubts / however i have 2/3 weeks left for 30days return policy / in the meantime i am going to reinstall EMC 10 and will disable mcaffee registry cleaner and wait for remedy if no joy than no alternative but get a well deserved refund / i also ask any other user if they have any comment but please be constructive / many thanks /

P>S // i was using emc 9 prior to this issue and countered no issues regarding registry cleaner /on this compuer exactly same setting

Edited by Sammy

If you're saying registry editors--specifically Systemworks--were known to cause problems, please link to a detailed post (like this one) or a series of posts from another forum (or a Roxio technical report) to provide some factual basis.

I will also backup the above posts and say that registry cleaners were known to cause problems for us in EMC 9. In some instances registry cleaners were known to turn a full retail version of EMC 9 into a trial version. There were also some other problems associated with registry cleaners, so I would recommend exercising caution when using such tools on a system with EMC. We have no control over what someone else's application removes from the registry.

:angry: I too am having a similar problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, the whole nine yards probably 10 times. I think I am maybe figuring things out here though. I used to have Nero installed on this computer and they worked fine on the same computer for a while. I have a couple of DVD burning sofwares on my computer and have been trying to make backups of my dvds and home movies, well they use Nero or their own burners. Everytime I use one of the other programs that burns DVD's then Roxio no longer works again. Meaning if I click on any icon, it loads into the task manager for a moment and that is it. Nothing else happens with it, and it disappears out of the task manager. I am so sick of uninstalling my programs so that Roxio can work. I have uninstalled Nero completely which took away my drivers for my dvd burner and drive. I had to figure out how to make them work again. I have done numerous restores on my computer trying to get things to work. My Picassa no longer works with videos since Roxio got installed on my hard drive. If I open anything that has a burner, then Roxio no longer works. Is there a solution to this problem? I had Roxio 8 and it worked great, I downloaded the trial version of 9 and it worked great also. So I decided to buy Roxio 10 when they sent me an email. I have had soooooo many problems with it. It really kind of sucks because I love the program when it works.

So does anyone have any answers for this problem yet? There are so many people that have similar problems with this program.

Thank you for any replies

Diane

Windows XP SP2,

Pentium4, 1.4ghz

768mb ram

Memorex DVD+- 530L v1 burner

Pioneer DVD rom DVD-116

GeForce FX 5200 128mb video card

I'm a little disappointed. I found a problem, documented it, and noted another person that had the issue. It was buried in another thread and not responded to, but I'm not the only one.

In my case, however, my problem was 'fixed' on the board by deleting the post. Thanks, whoever. I'm assuming that if it was an accident, I would have got a PM apologizing.

Dead post: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=29118

I'm going to explain again in the hopes it won't be deleted again.

I noticed in this post: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=28789

That I wasn't the only one who had problems getting Roxio to respond when I clicked the icons.

He received no reply. I had the same issue, my Roxio EMC 10 worked fine for a week, then stopped responding. One exception: I didn't check every program. My main program, CD/DVD burner, and Creator Classic didn't work. I quit there, and saw the other post later.

It took a full uninstall of all Roxio programs, several registry and disk drive sweeps, and a reinstall to get the program working again. It's running....for now.

I know this program was beta tested due to prior posts, but it sure seems to have a lot of issues compared to Roxio EMC 9. (That had it's own minor bugs, but was stable).

Questions:

- Has anyone else had this issue?

- Anyone know what's causing it, or how to fix it, aside from going through a lot of work to clear the Roxio programs off the computer?

- Roxio doesn't have a history of issuing service packs to fix repeatable issues. (See Roxio EMC 9). Is there a chance, even a small one, that Roxio might change their stance on this? Trashed hard drives, programs that don't run, this is not the hallmark of customer satisfaction or repeat business.

Thanks, Wayne

ASUS home-built Win XP SP2 machine, 1.2 Gig ram, NVidia GeForce 6600 video card, I am running iTunes 7.4.3.1, since I saw that mentioned once.

Wayne, as it appears you don't know your way round a forum, try typine 'One Button Checkup' in the search box at the home page.

I'm certainly not going to list all the links that show there, but just to start you, here's one

You mean "around," right?

That was cute. ;-) I know my way around a web board.

I also know how to write and communicate.

In general, when you're stating something as a fact, you generally provide some sort of proof. on the internet where everything is anonymous, it's good practice to show 'the poster' (not saying you) isn't making it up. Sources are very important.

Example: I say that Roxio EMC 10 can make pancakes come out my DVD drive, hot and with butter and syrup. Other users agree with me! Hey, I said it, it must be true.

I do appreciate the information on EMC 9, and I was not asking for all posts in the subject. Maybe i just took your "you should really" comment the wrong way. But having seen many of your posts (and users replies), I took it in a snarky way. If I am wrong, I apologize. I will say you truly have a passion for the product, and defend it vigorously.

I will state unequivocally and even invite Roxio over to my house to observe:

- I uninstalled Roxio 10.

- I registry cleaned a few times to peel all Roxio references from my registry

- I installed Roxio EMC 9.

- I ran the Systemworks 2006 one button checkup. Then I ran just WinDoctor (from 2006)

- My digital download version of Roxio EMC 9 still works.

- I ran RegCleaner, rebooted, etc

- Roxio EMC 9 still works.

Some things to consider that I haven't seen in this thread, that might help Roxio:

• A few posts up, GrandpaBruce notes:

Well, I have Norton SystemWorks 2005, and I have WinDoctor ignore any ActiveX problems it finds. In EMC 9 Deluxe, if you had Norton remove those entries, it caused the "Trial Version" notice to come up.

I have 2006, I clean all (including ActiveX), and I do not get a Trial Version notice with Roxio EMC 9 Deluxe digital download.

• A few posts up, Sammy said a 4th registry cleaner (McAffe) worked with Roxio EMC 9

• Has Roxio done any comparison between CD versions and digital download versions?

• Or I must be a lucky one with Roxio EMC 9. Just a data point. for Roxio, that's all.

• Thanks, John at Roxio, for letting us know you're aware of the issue. Please consider talking to McAffee and Symantec, which seem to keep popping up as common registry cleaners in this thread, to help resolve this.

• A trip to http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc9/default.html

and selection Roxio EMC 9 says there's an update to version 9.1 for Vista certification. Please consider with Roxio EMC 10 (or even going back to 9!) issuing patches to fix other issues as well. Customers are willing to accept software isn't perfect, if there's continuous improvement.

• And don't forget the Roxio EMC 10 uninstaller, when you guys finish it up.

Actually when I say 'round' I do mean round - I speak English as a second language and not American

I told you to do a search - obviously that is beneath your dignity

I gave you one link showing that there were a lot of people with a problem - you don't consider that evidence?

John has said there was, and still is, a problem with Norton and other registry cleaners

However, you seem to have determined that it must be all someone else's fault so any effort to change your mind would be an exercise in futility

[snip]

Some things to consider that I haven't seen in this thread, that might help Roxio:

• A few posts up, GrandpaBruce notes:

I have 2006, I clean all (including ActiveX), and I do not get a Trial Version notice with Roxio EMC 9 digital download.

I did not say EMC 9. I said EMC 9 Deluxe, and there is a difference. It does not happen to me with the original retail version of EMC 9. It did with the Deluxe version.

Also, with EMC 10, you don't get the Trial Version has expired notice, if you clean the ActiveX registries. But, after you do that, when you click on the desktop icon, or any EMC program that you can get by going through Start/All Programs, nothing at all happens. The programs don't open.

You're correct, I was not clear. I also have Roxio EMC 9 deluxe.

I did not realize, however, that the two were so different. I'm working with the assumption that the error is common to both.

Edit: I fixed my post above to add the word "Deluxe." Thanks for the catch, GrandpaBruce.

You're correct, I was not clear. I also have Roxio EMC 9 deluxe.

I did not realize, however, that the two were so different. I'm working with the assumption that the error is common to both.

I no longer have the deluxe version on my computer, so I can't do anymore experimenting. I do know, that at least for me, if I have WinDoctor remove the Active X entries, EMC 10 will no longer work.

Actually when I say 'round' I do mean round - I speak English as a second language and not American

I told you to do a search - obviously that is beneath your dignity

I gave you one link showing that there were a lot of people with a problem - you don't consider that evidence?

John has said there was, and still is, a problem with Norton and other registry cleaners

However, you seem to have determined that it must be all someone else's fault so any effort to change your mind would be an exercise in futility

Wow. I never said I was disagreeing or I didn't believe you now that you gave a link, just little and admitting I might have been wrong, and apologizing. Very interesting response.

And yes--when every other program I have works fine with every registry cleaner I've used, except Roxio EMC 10, then I tend to focus on the the most likely problem. Registry cleaners are common products today, and Roxio should have worked to be compatible. Apparently you are not familiar with the basic principles of troubleshooting. When many brands of gas work just fine in your car, but then one day you put in diesel and the car doesn't run, do you blame the guy who made the fuel pump?

Remember when I said 'snarky' and 'passionate?' That was a polite way of saying in other threads I saw you incorrectly take things both personally and the wrong way, and then go off the deep end and make things personal while you switch into direct insults. Sort of like here.

I look forward to the mod cleanup. You also might want to talk to the doctors about a more correct, or longer lasting, dosage. There is a difference between using software, and this kind of strange passion with anger issues that you have.

I was also curious. If you think round is a better fit, then we just had different English (and math) teachers. You might want to check your dictionary before jumping all over me. "...know your way _____ a forum."

Around:

1 a: in a circle or in circumference <the wheel goes around> <a tree five feet around> b: in, along, or through a circuit <the road goes around by the lake>

2 a: on all or various sides : in every or any direction <papers lying around> <nothing for miles around> b: in close from all sides so as to surround <people crowded around> c: in or near one's present place or situation <wait around awhile>

3 a: here and there : from one place to another <travels around on business> b: to a particular place <come around for dinner> c—used with some verbs to indicate repeated or continued action <always joking around when he should be serious><don't play around with your food>

4 a: in rotation or succession <another winter comes around> b: from beginning to end : through <mild the year around> c: in order <the other way around>

Round:

1 a (1): having every part of the surface or circumference equidistant from the center, (2): cylindrical <a round peg> b: approximately round <a round face>

2: well filled out : plump, shapely

3 a: complete, full <a round dozen> <a round ton> b: approximately correct; especially : exact only to a specific decimal or place <use the round number 1400 for the exact figure 1411> c: substantial in amount : ample <a good round price — T. B. Costain>

4: direct in utterance : outspoken <a round denunciation>