• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Format Disk Error

jdblocker

Question

9 answers to this question

I might mention a change in the requirement to "format" a CD.

In my prior version of Roxio, I had to do a "format" by hand, as you did.

The current EMC 8, however, does not require a format, because it will do it automatically as necessary. You merely copy a file to the CD writer drive, and it magically happens.

But that does not resolve your situation.

Thanks for the headsup on Photoshop Elements installation. I had to delay that installation to address another problem.

Has anyone seen the error below and if so, what can be done to fix it?

Media status notification for drive e:\. Read failure while accessing the media.

This error message pops up at random times.

Thank you all.

I was just able to erase a cdrw, format it, and save files to it from several computers using different versions of Windows and cd burning software. I am happy about that. I was also able to open a file on the cdrw, edit and save. In the past, this last action, crashed the computer every time. Norton had to be updated for this crashing not to happen. Thank you all very much. I've heard that Photoshop Elements does not play well with EMC8. I'm preparing to find out first hand. Wish me luck.

Again, thank you all.

The computer is pretty new and basically unused because the Roxio software won't work. As far as I can tell the firmware is current and up to date.

I did drag a file onto the D2D window and the formatting started. It got 23 mins or so into formatting and gave me error of somethine like "failed to process a command."

I used to be able to at least get through this process.

Now I can't do much of anything. Help is appreciate

I was just able to erase a cdrw, format it, and save files to it from several computers using different versions of Windows and cd burning software. I am happy about that. I was also able to open a file on the cdrw, edit and save. In the past, this last action, crashed the computer every time. Norton had to be updated for this crashing not to happen. Thank you all very much. I've heard that Photoshop Elements does not play well with EMC8. I'm preparing to find out first hand. Wish me luck.

Again, thank you all.

The Norton "fix" was to FIX what they broke! Not a Roxio problem.

I do not see how Photoshop Elements could interfere… Pay attention to what it is asking during install. Most software is very self-important and will offer to take over everything!

Glad to hear you got your media running. I hope you understand that packet writing is not for backups and archives! It is too unreliable and should be limited to transferring files from one PC to another where no other means exists.

The computer is pretty new and basically unused because the Roxio software won't work. As far as I can tell the firmware is current and up to date.

I did drag a file onto the D2D window and the formatting started. It got 23 mins or so into formatting and gave me error of somethine like "failed to process a command."

I used to be able to at least get through this process.

Now I can't do much of anything. Help is appreciate

You have not listed any specifics concerning your PC or its' burner… Is this a drive you added or did it come with the PC?

Does it burn Data or Music discs without any problems?

Check in the Hardware Manager for any errors concerning the burner.

Examine the drive Properties and look under the Recording Tab. This tab is for XP and not Roxio but sometimes it causes problems. Change the setting in there, if, "Enable CD recording on this drive", is set, clear the checkmark. If not, add the checkmark.

Then using D2D, try formatting with the settings in the picture.

post-39-1141680997.jpg

Were you trying to format a disc for Drag To Disc?This is the only thing that needs a formatted disc.

Yes, I had a blank cdrw that I was trying to format for "Drag to disc". I went to "format disk" on the small blue window through its menu. I was prompted for the disk name and told how long the formatting would take. When I clicked on the icon to start the formatting, I got the message. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Archived