kenwardm

Media manager won't scroll up

Question

I am working with a Photo Album that contains a lot of jpg files (>1000) that I want to burn on to a DVD.

I want to scroll through the thumbnails to ensure that the photos are the right way up, and to remove any duds.

I can't.

If I try to scroll up through the photos, it immediately takes me back down to the bottom of the album. This may be because it is still generating thumbnails, as I do scroll up, I get to see the usual hourglass before media manager decides that I really should look at the bottom photos again. Even so, this is unacceptable behaviour.

Is there anything I can do to tame Media Manager and get it to let me look at the thumbnails I want to watch? And no, I do not have "live" checking of media.

Edited by kenwardm

2 answers to this question

With over 1,000 pictures to work through, the computer is going to take its own sweet time in rendering the thumbnails - this is down to the computer itself and can't be avoided.

Well I suppose it would be faster if you had enough cash to buy a Cray

I am working with a Photo Album that contains a lot of jpg files (>1000) that I want to burn on to a DVD.

I want to scroll through the thumbnails to ensure that the photos are the right way up, and to remove any duds.

I can't.

If I try to scroll up through the photos, it immediately takes me back down to the bottom of the album. This may be because it is still generating thumbnails, as I do scroll up, I get to see the usual hourglass before media manager decides that I really should look at the bottom photos again. Even so, this is unacceptable behaviour.

Is there anything I can do to tame Media Manager and get it to let me look at the thumbnails I want to watch? And no, I do not have "live" checking of media.

Simply break up your folder into sub-folders. A folder with that many jpgs is almost impossible to manage. Its not unacceptable behaviour, just normal with that many thumbnails to generate