• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is Roxio Media 8 compatiblewith...

yourgos

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I can use Sony Vegas and DVD Architect with Roxio 8?

Do you mean can you have them both on your computer at the same time? I don't know why not.

There were some compatibility issues if you has two packet writing programs on your computer at one time. Roxio's Drag2Disc and Nero's InCD were the most notable. Does the Sony product have a packet writing program? To be safe, don't install it or uninstall Drag2Disc.

I just downloaded Vegas Movie Studio and it seems to work OK on my computer with both EMC 9.1 and V10. Personally, I don't see anything that EMC does give you and it seems that rendering takes a long time.

Do you mean can you have them both on your computer at the same time? I don't know why not.

There were some compatibility issues if you has two packet writing programs on your computer at one time. Roxio's Drag2Disc and Nero's InCD were the most notable. Does the Sony product have a packet writing program? To be safe, don't install it or uninstall Drag2Disc.

I just downloaded Vegas Movie Studio and it seems to work OK on my computer with both EMC 9.1 and V10. Personally, I don't see anything that EMC does give you and it seems that rendering takes a long time.

Hi sknis,

Yes...I meant having them at the same time. I hate to say it but, I'm looking for alternatives to EMC. I think Sony Vegas and DVD Architect seem to be more stable and have a lot more features and control. I know that there is a big coct difference, but you get what you pay for.

I've groan a liitle tired of the "EMC has encoutered a Problem" or the hangs or the long time it takes to burn a DVD only to find that it doesn't work right. I'll use EMC for my muisc only...so I think.

Has anyone else had better luck with the Sony products?

Hi sknis,

Yes...I meant having them at the same time. I hate to say it but, I'm looking for alternatives to EMC. I think Sony Vegas and DVD Architect seem to be more stable and have a lot more features and control. I know that there is a big coct difference, but you get what you pay for.

I've groan a liitle tired of the "EMC has encoutered a Problem" or the hangs or the long time it takes to burn a DVD only to find that it doesn't work right. I'll use EMC for my muisc only...so I think.

Has anyone else had better luck with the Sony products?

I looked at Sony recently and found it limited by comparison to VideoWave and MyDVD… Render time was much longer too.

A lot of money for such a limited package. I uninstalled it.

Archived