• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Overlays, Overlays, Overlays...

jmeanz

Question

Hi all jusst wondering if anyone knew of any 'outside' Overlay files that are compatible with EmC 7.5?

First off what kind of files are these anyway PNG or VMOV's. I'm confused?

Yeah I've tried customizing a few on my own but they don't look Professional.

I'm looking for a 'mask-2 eye-slit' POV effect but i can't get the edges to blur out properly like the EMC 'Blur" box. The edges remain solid and it looks stupid.

Is even what I'm asking possible?

Basically what I'm hoping for is maybe a website out there somewhere where they might offer $ome. I haven't a clue even where to begin to look its a hard area to search for so any info would be great.

Thanks JIM

6 answers to this question

Hi all jusst wondering if anyone knew of any 'outside' Overlay files that are compatible with EmC 7.5?

First off what kind of files are these anyway PNG or VMOV's. I'm confused?

Yeah I've tried customizing a few on my own but they don't look Professional.

I'm looking for a 'mask-2 eye-slit' POV effect but i can't get the edges to blur out properly like the EMC 'Blur" box. The edges remain solid and it looks stupid.

Is even what I'm asking possible?

Basically what I'm hoping for is maybe a website out there somewhere where they might offer $ome. I haven't a clue even where to begin to look its a hard area to search for so any info would be great.

Thanks JIM

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, maybe because I have no idea what a 'mask-2 eye-slit' is. But, I do know that you can use almost any picture or video clip as an overlay. You can customize a picture or design a graphic in any photo editing program, save it as a PNG, JPG, etc. and use that as an overlay in Videowave. Most MPEGs or AVIs can also be edited and then imported into Videowave as an overlay.

Maybe that answered some of your questions, but I know it did not answer everything. Maybe someone else will provide additional suggestions.

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, maybe because I have no idea what a 'mask-2 eye-slit' is. But, I do know that you can use almost any picture or video clip as an overlay. You can customize a picture or design a graphic in any photo editing program, save it as a PNG, JPG, etc. and use that as an overlay in Videowave. Most MPEGs or AVIs can also be edited and then imported into Videowave as an overlay.

Maybe that answered some of your questions, but I know it did not answer everything. Maybe someone else will provide additional suggestions.

What i meant by the 'mask 2-eye-slit' thing is an Overlay that looks like your looking through a Mask (example: POV @ beginning of the HALLOWEEN 1 movie). Anyway I've designed an overlay of the 2 eye holes myself but I can't seem to blur-out the edges properly. The eye holes look too defined and not realistic enough if you get the idea? It looks more like the 'BINOCULAR' Overlay effect.

I know this faded-Blur effect can be achieved because of the black box 'BLUR' effect EMC 7.5 comes with.

If i could even Blur out the edges to the 'BINOCULAR' Overlay I'de be happy.

Any more thoughts? Thanks

What i meant by the 'mask 2-eye-slit' thing is an Overlay that looks like your looking through a Mask (example: POV @ beginning of the HALLOWEEN 1 movie). Anyway I've designed an overlay of the 2 eye holes myself but I can't seem to blur-out the edges properly. The eye holes look too defined and not realistic enough if you get the idea? It looks more like the 'BINOCULAR' Overlay effect.

I know this faded-Blur effect can be achieved because of the black box 'BLUR' effect EMC 7.5 comes with.

If i could even Blur out the edges to the 'BINOCULAR' Overlay I'de be happy.

Any more thoughts? Thanks

I do not believe you can do what you are trying accomplish in Videowave. The only suggestions I can make is to design the mask effect in a graphic or photo editor. I just tried a real quick test in Microsoft Digital Image pro and it has the features to place two transparent circles on a black background and then blur the edges of the circles. If you have EMC 7/7.5 suite, try doing the same thing in Photosuite. I do not have it loaded so I cannot give it a try.

An alternative would be to copy Binocular from C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Content\Overlays to another directory and then edit the copy using a photo editor. Most photo editors have a Sharpen/Blur feature. Since the background is black, when a maximum blur is applied, only the edges of the white appear blurred. If you try that, make sure you save the blurred copy as a PNG file and then select Embedded Transparency when you drop the overlay on the overlay track in Videowave.

I hope you can something to work for you.

Archived