mouse279

No Menus Recorded

Question

So I have imported video from a Sony Handicam HDD camcorder and cut the video like I wanted. made the movie in Media Creator 9, adding menus and transitions as needed, When I preview it on my computer everything looks GREAT! I got o burn the project I see that things are being encoded in the preview screen and it looks like everything is working. However, when plaqyed back on a dvd player or on the computer there are no menus. I have the audio that I added and the transitions, but not menus (title menus, chapter menu). I have wasted a bunch of DVD attempting a various things.

I almost looks as though the overall progress halts at 97% for a short time then finishes.

Can someone explain to me what needs to be done to fix the burning issue?

B)

3 answers to this question

To save wasting DVDs, you could burn to an iso image, and then mount that image using disc image loader (which creates a virtual drive) and test it in, say WMP. If menus show there use Disk copier to create the DVD from the iso burn to a dvd disc.

That also separates the rendering and burning steps, which may narrow down where your problem lies.

I have tried that, but I have the same issue. The ISO files that is created starts with a movie, no menus. Therefore I know the burner is fine. Is there something that I am unaware of with Roxio to create and burn mens? As far as I can see everything is set correctly, but no menus apear on the dvd or in the ISO file. Does anyone else have any ideas to help out with this?

I am completely confused. ;)

To save wasting DVDs, you could burn to an iso image, and then mount that image using disc image loader (which creates a virtual drive) and test it in, say WMP. If menus show there use Disk copier to create the DVD from the iso burn to a dvd disc.

That also separates the rendering and burning steps, which may narrow down where your problem lies.

A Test:

MyDVD

Add New Title, pick a still picture.

Add New Title a couple of more times – notice each picture creates a new menu button.

Burn it to an RW or as Jean suggested an ISO and mount it to view.

Got Menus???