• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unspecified Error

johnmhunt8

Question

If I try and copy from a disc image, the copier tells me what chapters are there and tells me that I can make an exact copy with no compression then tries to compress it and finally says unspecified error making a DVD-R into a coaster. This works ok with +R but not -R. I was using the same discs with 7 no problem and have unistalled and reinstalled 8, asking it to remove 7 this time but with the same problem.

The unspecified error is 0x130c000a.

It's driving me nuts!

6 answers to this question

I'm delighted! It was a difficult firmware update to locate as the company had sold their DVD writer division so I tracked it down with the model number and I'm so glad it worked! I was beginning to think I'd forked out for a duff upgrade.

What's annoying me now is that Roxio continually (8 emails per week) bombard me with offers to upgrade "only 48 hours left" to version 8 when I already have it! Guys, make the marketing a bit more clever! I just ignore them.

Believe it or not this is why one of the first things we always tell people is to upgrade the firmware on your drive.Alot of people think we do this just so we can hear ourselves talk but it actually does help in alot of cases.

Glad you guys got it working.Enjoy.

If I try and copy from a disc image, the copier tells me what chapters are there and tells me that I can make an exact copy with no compression then tries to compress it and finally says unspecified error making a DVD-R into a coaster. This works ok with +R but not -R. I was using the same discs with 7 no problem and have unistalled and reinstalled 8, asking it to remove 7 this time but with the same problem.

The unspecified error is 0x130c000a.

It's driving me nuts!

First make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Sometimes when I try to burn a disc that's over the size limit and want to transcode it to fit to a single layer disc, I get an error message---not the same as you did-- when using the 'power' setting for my Plextor. If I simply select another setting other than the 'power' setting, it works. So, try a slower speed and see if you still get the error.

I've tried that. I have some DVD-RW discs that are single speed and it won't write to them either. Odd that all this worked 100% in version 7. I'm trying to give my parents a copy of my wedding DVD now they finally got round to getting a DVD player and I can't! Unless I go back to version 7.

I've tried that. I have some DVD-RW discs that are single speed and it won't write to them either. Odd that all this worked 100% in version 7. I'm trying to give my parents a copy of my wedding DVD now they finally got round to getting a DVD player and I can't! Unless I go back to version 7.

I found a firmware update for the drive and all it said was "recognise additional media" so I tried it and on the first disc I tried, it copied fine so I've now started capturing DVD of a friend's baby's naming day and some video of my baby, looks like I can finally do these DVDs I promised people! :)

I found a firmware update for the drive and all it said was "recognise additional media" so I tried it and on the first disc I tried, it copied fine so I've now started capturing DVD of a friend's baby's naming day and some video of my baby, looks like I can finally do these DVDs I promised people! :D

Yippie! :):huh::D

Thanks for letting me know.

Archived