• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installing Easy Media Creator 8

jspehar

Question

I installed Creator 8 from scratch, after removing Creator 6. Installed update 8.05 and it all worked fine. Created a couple of DVDs. also fine. I was editing one of my new DVD projects and the system hung. I suspect a Mc Afee Anti-Virus auto-update started, but can't be sure. I had to power down the system. After the re-boot, Creator 8 wouldn't work. I used Windows XP Control Panel>Add/Remove Software to remove Creator 8. I re-booted and tried to re-install Creator 8. In "setup" after "coping files" I got an installer message to "Insert the Disk". The installation had stopped because Windows XP or Creator 8 installer "lost" the CD drive. I opened and closed the CD drawer a couple of times, no luck. Then Win XP started crashing. I re-installed Win XP, over itself to re-install all of the driver files and I downloaded all of the updates. Did that and it worked fine. The re-install of Win XP even brought back Creatot 6, which I used to test my DVD and CD Burners. I tried to re-install Creator 8 and I have the same problem. Any suggestions???? Thanks, Jerry

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived