klx400

Toast 6 won't copy to drive

Question

I bought Toast 8 a month ago which I can no longer get to work and which Roxio seems to care little about. I had Toast 6 on before the upgrade but unwisely took it off when I got 8. I can no copy the Toast 6 files to my hard drive from my original CD - I get "The alias "ButterLib" cannot be copies to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias." I can launch it from the CD but that does me absolutely NO GOOD since I can't eject the CD to burn a CD or DVD. Mac Powerbook G4 1.42 GHz 1.5 GB ram - OS X10.4.10

The reason I'm trying 6 is I have a large dupe job to get out and I've given up on Toast 8 for the moment!

2 answers to this question

I bought Toast 8 a month ago which I can no longer get to work and which Roxio seems to care little about. I had Toast 6 on before the upgrade but unwisely took it off when I got 8. I can no copy the Toast 6 files to my hard drive from my original CD - I get "The alias "ButterLib" cannot be copies to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias." I can launch it from the CD but that does me absolutely NO GOOD since I can't eject the CD to burn a CD or DVD. Mac Powerbook G4 1.42 GHz 1.5 GB ram - OS X10.4.10

The reason I'm trying 6 is I have a large dupe job to get out and I've given up on Toast 8 for the moment!

Did you ever make a backup that may have included your previously installed Toast 6? You could just copy it over.

I finally got the latest 6 to download and I was able to install and use it. Now - back to trying to get 8 to function after I load OS X10.5