• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sandyjw

Finally got a working serial from Digital river

Question

Has anyone else noticed that instead of downloading version 3 of BackOnTrack they got version 1.1 instead.

I have finally gotton a working install after 2 non working keys and several calls to Digital River for my BackOnTrack 3 I ordered on 10/7 for $19.99. Only to find that I have ver 1.1 instead of ver. 3 I ordered. Which is most likely why none of the keys I was given worked before. I didn't order ver. 1.1. I ordered ver. 3 and that's what I was listed on my invoiced. There is a link to ver 3 from the Instant Restore section of ver 1.1 but it wants an additional 39.99 to download it. I have already paid for ver 3 so I don't want to buy it again, especially for more then I was originally quoted an invoiced for on 10/7.

6 answers to this question

Has anyone else noticed that instead of downloading version 3 of BackOnTrack they got version 1.1 instead.

I have finally gotton a working install after 2 non working keys and several calls to Digital River for my BackOnTrack 3 I ordered on 10/7 for $19.99. Only to find that I have ver 1.1 instead of ver. 3 I ordered. Which is most likely why none of the keys I was given worked before. I didn't order ver. 1.1. I ordered ver. 3 and that's what I was listed on my invoiced. There is a link to ver 3 from the Instant Restore section of ver 1.1 but it wants an additional 39.99 to download it. I have already paid for ver 3 so I don't want to buy it again, especially for more then I was originally quoted an invoiced for on 10/7.

:angry: I've been after Roxio support about this problem since 10/4 and as yet to have a satisfactory resolution with them. I and other people are having the same problems. They sold us BOT ver 1.1 and not Version 3. You can check your registered products through Roxio and it will state that it is BOT1.1 not BOT3. I have sent them several tech "web tickets" without any success. I guess Roxio thinks the purchasers of this product is as dumb as a sack of hammers. I have even sent them jpg pictures of their BOTver1.1 and their still in denial. I hope (but doubt) they will deliver as promise. I believe everbody that purchased this software will end up getting nothing for their money except a hole in their pockets. :o

Any software bought from Roxio within 30 days has a refund policy. Ask them for it, now you have there attention!

cd

:angry: I've been after Roxio support about this problem since 10/4 and as yet to have a satisfactory resolution with them. I and other people are having the same problems. They sold us BOT ver 1.1 and not Version 3. You can check your registered products through Roxio and it will state that it is BOT1.1 not BOT3. I have sent them several tech "web tickets" without any success. I guess Roxio thinks the purchasers of this product is as dumb as a sack of hammers. I have even sent them jpg pictures of their BOTver1.1 and their still in denial. I hope (but doubt) they will deliver as promise. I believe everbody that purchased this software will end up getting nothing for their money except a hole in their pockets. :o

My download invoice states that this is

Product SKU: ESD-BACKONTRACK 3

Product Name: BackOnTrack 3 - ESD UG/EM

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $19.99

So I can't see how they can give a download link for ver 1.1 instead of ver 3 and not at least offer to give a new link to the product I expected to receive for my payment. I started a support ticket to them about this, demanding they give me a link for the product listed on my invoice which is ver. 3 not 1.1. Even the file name I downloaded says its BackOnTrack3_2O54B010ESD. The ver 1.1 doesn't have any of the features of ver. 3 such as taking snapshots. I have Windows Vista Utimate which has a great image backup program so I didn't need just another image backup program. I was interested in ver 3 because it looked similar to a program I love called Norton Goback (Formally Roxio GoBack) which is not compatible with Vista.

This is got to be bad for business for them to just not do anything about this.

Yes the versioning is incorrect. The application is marketed as a version 3 product however you will see 1.1 in certain areas of the application. This is a bug that will be addressed in the next release. This does not affect the functionality of the application.

To answer the other question from Sandyjw about snapshots. That is a feature of Instant Restore which is a component of the BackOnTrack 3 Suite (ESE). What you have is (ESD) BackOnTrack 3 which does not include that specific component.

BackOnTrack 3 (ESD) - Disaster Recovery, File Backup

BackOnTrack 3 Suite (ESE) - Disaster Recovery, File Backup, Instant Restore

Edited by Sonic Boom

To answer the other question from Sandyjw about snapshots. That is a feature of Instant Restore which is a component of the BackOnTrack 3 Suite (ESE). What you have is (ESD) BackOnTrack 3 which does not include that specific component.

BackOnTrack 3 (ESD) - Disaster Recovery, File Backup

BackOnTrack 3 Suite (ESE) - Disaster Recovery, File Backup, Instant Restore

This week - Here's our latest and greatest product, BackOnTrack 3 [bOT1 rebadged] with Disaster Recovery and File Backup

Next week - We now have Instant restore too, but if you want that you're going to have to buy the whole BOT3 Suite (even though you already have BOT3 ESD)

This seems a strange way of marketing the product, but is it now Sonic's policy to do this?

Sarge

This week - Here's our latest and greatest product, BackOnTrack 3 [bOT1 rebadged] with Disaster Recovery and File Backup

Next week - We now have Instant restore too, but if you want that you're going to have to buy the whole BOT3 Suite (even though you already have BOT3 ESD)

This seems a strange way of marketing the product, but is it now Sonic's policy to do this?

Sarge

I originally bought BOT3 specifically thinking I was getting the Instant Restore facility. Now I have seen that what I had bought does not match what I thought I was buying I have got a refund. BOT3 on it's own is nothing special and not really worth the money. There are plenty of better back up programmes out there. I have started use Syncback SE which does the job nicely.