• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Re: Overlay video

Ashleigh

Question

Hi,

First time posting here :)

I am trying to overlay video and all works well, but there does not seem to be any way to mute/delete or even adjust the audio on a video overlay. As a consequence, the added overlay's audio clashes with existing native audio.

One way might be to edit the video overlay as a different production and output it with no sound. Then, import it as an overlay video. This works, but I am worried about losing quality when outputing and then importing the video file as an overlay. If this is the only option, how do I make this process completely lossless?

All help gratefully received. Thanks.

Ash

3 answers to this question

Watch the video about adding audio here. I think that is what you are asking. What version of V8 do you have? The standard versions do not have the audio editor as shown. Sorry.

Hi,

Thanks for offering help so quickly. My version does have the audio editor. However, I don't think I explained myself very well :).

I have no problem adding audio to the fx track or to the music track. I understand that the only way to get rid of native audio is to adjust the levels by adding nodes and clicking and dragging them down in the track etc etc.

My problem is that when I add a cutaway over the top of existing video by using import video... insert as overlay... I end up with the sound from that video overlay, as well as the native audio on the existing video.

I really don't want the sound from the video overlay.

Blimey! This is hard to explain - sorry :)

Best,

Ash

Hi,

Thanks for offering help so quickly. My version does have the audio editor. However, I don't think I explained myself very well :) .

I have no problem adding audio to the fx track or to the music track. I understand that the only way to get rid of native audio is to adjust the levels by adding nodes and clicking and dragging them down in the track etc etc.

My problem is that when I add a cutaway over the top of existing video by using import video... insert as overlay... I end up with the sound from that video overlay, as well as the native audio on the existing video.

I really don't want the sound from the video overlay.

Blimey! This is hard to explain - sorry :)

Best,

Ash

Aha !

I'm not sure it works the same way in V8 since I don't have that on my computer anymore. Select the overlay video and right click. Select native audio. When the audio editor opens, move the volume setting all the way to the left. That should do it.

Do you have that option? Did it work?

Hi,

First time posting here :)

I am trying to overlay video and all works well, but there does not seem to be any way to mute/delete or even adjust the audio on a video overlay. As a consequence, the added overlay's audio clashes with existing native audio.

One way might be to edit the video overlay as a different production and output it with no sound. Then, import it as an overlay video. This works, but I am worried about losing quality when outputing and then importing the video file as an overlay. If this is the only option, how do I make this process completely lossless?

All help gratefully received. Thanks.

Ash

Watch the video about adding audio here. I think that is what you are asking. What version of V8 do you have? The standard versions do not have the audio editor as shown. Sorry.

Archived