kidpocono

Buffer Underrun Error Only With Video Ts, Not Disk Image?

Question

I've had no problems at all with Popcorn in the past, but I've just upgraded to Tiger and I repurchased the Popcorn software (this time on a CD as opposed to a download) and now have trouble. I have a Pioneer 110D DVD burner which I've upgraded the firmware to 1.39, via DVR Flash. No problems there. When I try to burn a DVD using a Video TS folder, however, same as I always did before, Popcorn goes all the way through the compression and then will immediately stop when the burning stage starts, showing the dreaded "buffer underrun" message.

I do have the Buffer Underrun box checked in the burner settings and I have more than ample space in the scratch disc. I have chosen several different burn speeds, even trying the slowest one available, to no avail. It cannot be the burner or the discs, since Popcorn will indeed burn the DVD when I first save the Video TS as a Disc Image file. It seems to be a waste of time to first make the Disk Image file when Popcorn is supposed to be able to burn "on the fly", after compression, from the TS folder.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Paul

2 answers to this question

Be sure you're using Popcorn 1.0.3 with Tiger. The version on the CD may not be the latest.

Be sure you're using Popcorn 1.0.3 with Tiger. The version on the CD may not be the latest.

I have exactly the same issue after I recently upgraded to Tiger. Haven't tried burning after creating img file.

NOTE: I already upgraded to Popcorn 1.0.3.