Videowave 8 Stability

dougbrooks

Question

I am having problems with stability in Videowave 8 that I never experienced with Videowave 7 or 7.5 using this same PC.

I have had a number of freezes & crashes, particulariy when trying to edit titles. I have the latest updates of Intel Graphics Accelerator installed. The render setting is set to 'hardware' and the 'Graphics Test' seems to work OK.

Any suggestuions?

1 answer to this question

I am having problems with stability in Videowave 8 that I never experienced with Videowave 7 or 7.5 using this same PC.

I have had a number of freezes & crashes, particulariy when trying to edit titles. I have the latest updates of Intel Graphics Accelerator installed. The render setting is set to 'hardware' and the 'Graphics Test' seems to work OK.

Any suggestuions?

Set the rendering to the software mode and see if you can get it to work without crashes. There are a few that can use on-board video chips but not many (bummer if you have a laptop). If it is a desktop, you might want to consider buying a new graphics card. Yes, your computer probably worked well with V7/7.5 but V8 does require much more from a video card. I had an old videocard on my old computer and I found out during the beta that it was not good enough to do the 3D transitions. You don't need an expensive one if you do have a desktop.

Also make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX 9© loaded.

Archived