Saving videos with scenes

Jim B

Question

6 answers to this question

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B @ Oct 22 2007, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> When importing a video from my DV camera to Roxio media import I notice it is divided into many scenes. Is there a way to save the file so that the scenes will be accessable for editing at a later time?

Jim, perhaps a few more words would be helpful. If you want one longer video file, just add the individual scenes to VideoWave, they will add seamlessly. From there you can go to DVD via MyDVD or output it in different formats If you want to save/play them on a computer hard drive/phone/Ipod/etc. It would help if you told us where you want it to go. You can always recreate the scenes.

The scenes are created during the capture from DV camera process and, before you output the captured video, You can see them on the Roxio media import screen and you can play each one individually. After you output the video to a file the scenes seem to be lost or blended together. Is there a way to output the video with the scenes intact (as though it has been "pre-split" at each one of the scenes) ?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B @ Oct 22 2007, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> When importing a video from my DV camera to Roxio media import I notice it is divided into many scenes. Is there a way to save the file so that the scenes will be accessable for editing at a later time?

Jim, perhaps a few more words would be helpful. If you want one longer video file, just add the individual scenes to VideoWave, they will add seamlessly. From there you can go to DVD via MyDVD or output it in different formats If you want to save/play them on a computer hard drive/phone/Ipod/etc. It would help if you told us where you want it to go. You can always recreate the scenes.

QUOTE(Jim B @ Oct 24 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The scenes are created during the capture from DV camera process and, before you output the captured video, You can see them on the Roxio media import screen and you can play each one individually. After you output the video to a file the scenes seem to be lost or blended together. Is there a way to output the video with the scenes intact (as though it has been "pre-split" at each one of the scenes) ?

Don't think so if you are outputting the scenes to one video file. Of course if you are burning a DVD, the scenes can be made into chapters.

Archived