• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

John at Roxio

How to Create Chapters in EMC 9

Question

These instructions come from user Herbie. I have not personally tested or verified the steps, I am just helping him post it. I must apologize in advance as the forums do not lend themselves very well to the outline format.

(I will be using a recorded TV program. I have removed the commercials, which is where the Chapters and Panels are located in the production.)

1. In VideoWave, edit your movie.

2. Save your movie (called a production) in a folder that you can easily find (I create one with the title of the movie that I’m working on. I then put that folder in a place that I can easily find, such as VIDEO or ROXIO.).

3. From VideoWave, Select File>Send to MyDVD

4. In MyDVD, moving down the left hand column you will see three sections, “Menu Tasks”, “Edit”, and “Project View.”

a. Go to “Project View”

b. Right click “Production”

c. Select Edit Chapters.

i. This will open the “Edit Chapters” tool/window. (See Figure 5)

5. From within this window, under “Automatically create chapters”, check/select “At start of every panel”

6. Select “Go”

a. This will automatically detect the transitions or panels that have been edited by you and create a chapter mark. This chapter selection will also create a picture of the panel and list it in the Chapters column.

7. Now, check/select “Generate chapter menu(s) and link to selected button”

8. Click OK, and this will close the window.

a. It will also insert the chapters into the “Project View” hierarchy. (See Figure 3)

9. In MyDVD, go to “Project View.”

a. In Project View you should see your chapters.

i. If NOT, then do the following

1. In “Project View” right click the name (usually My Menu) that you are using for your chapters (See Figure 1)

2. In the pop-out menu Select>Edit Chapters

a. You should see the same Edit Chapters window that you saw previously, along with the chapters that were created.

b. There should be a check-box at the bottom of the window on left side that says “Update chapter menu(s).” Be sure to check mark this. (See Figure 2)

c. Click OK

3. After clicking OK, in the left hand column of the screen, under “Project View”, following whatever name you are using for your chapters, your chapters should now be listed with the title(s) CHAPTER MENU. (See Figure 3)

10. Now that Chapters have been added to your production, it’s time to preview your production in order to verify that the hierarchy and buttons work as expected.

11. If you find that some buttons send you to places you did not expect to go then highlight that button and Select View>Settings (alternatively, right click on the button and select Show Settings.). The “Settings” window appears. In the “Link” portion, select from the drop down menu where you would like the button to go when selected. Also, when (“After Playing” which menu function). (See Figure 4)

post-4564-1193158702.jpg

post-4564-1193158714.jpg

post-4564-1193158722.jpg

post-4564-1193158735.jpg

post-4564-1193158746.jpg

post-4564-1193158755.jpg

2 answers to this question

John,

Is there a way for me to:

I have a home DVD that has 15 chapters. I would like to merge all 15 into just one chapter. Is this possible.

Tony

John,

Is there a way for me to:

I have a home DVD that has 15 chapters. I would like to merge all 15 into just one chapter. Is this possible.

Tony

John,

I never had to do what you suggested. All I had to do was open it with Video Wave, edit out some dead spots, add my music after clicking the Time Line view and then saved the production. I then "sent it" to MYDVD and did some editing on the menu screen and it all worked out. It was a little hard getting the music to conincide with the end of the video but I got it close. I originally tried to just use MYDVD but when I crought the Movie into that it read it as 15 chapters. Video wave read it as one movie. I think putting the music in with that helped.

Tony