• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Media Files Found?

bdfay

Question

Media files are present, but My DVD 8 says no media files present, when I try to load set up a Burn project.

The movie is in a VLC media file format...but I also notice kvcd in the title with the movie?? Not sure what this means.

I have burnt a few other movies that appear to be in the same format, so I am not sure why I cant get several other movies in the VLC format to load in DVD 8, so that I can burn them.

Any help would be appreciated...I am a rookie at this.

1 answer to this question

Media files are present, but My DVD 8 says no media files present, when I try to load set up a Burn project.

The movie is in a VLC media file format...but I also notice kvcd in the title with the movie?? Not sure what this means.

I have burnt a few other movies that appear to be in the same format, so I am not sure why I cant get several other movies in the VLC format to load in DVD 8, so that I can burn them.

Any help would be appreciated...I am a rookie at this.

I'm not familiar with these file formats but some googling tells me a few things and I wouldn't be surprised that they would not work in MyDVD.

KVCD is a modification to the standard MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 GOP structure and Quantization Matrix. It enables you to create over 120 minutes of near DVD quality video, depending on your material, on a single 80 minute CD-R/CD-RW.

I can't offer much help other than say if you can get it into an avi or mpeg format, you're better off. I'm interested in learning more about these formats myself so I hope someone can teach us both something on this.

Why you could burn some and not all, I don't know.

Archived