miklar

LOOP Check Box Where Is It?

Question

What am I missing?

I cannot find the "Loop check box" referred to in the Production Editor help file.

One of my tasks is to loop DVDs, perhaps there is another method to achieve this?

Hoping someone can help me

Cheers,

Michael

12 answers to this question

What am I missing?

I cannot find the "Loop check box" referred to in the Production Editor help file.

One of my tasks is to loop DVDs, perhaps there is another method to achieve this?

Hoping someone can help me

Cheers,

Michael

The Loop check box is available in video trimmer. If you want to loop an overlay effect, you check off the box. From your description, it appears you want to loop the entire video. If so, when you're done assembling and editing your media files in Videowave and has saved the production, open MyDVD and select File ->New project->DVD, no menus. That selection will loop the DVD. Then bring in your Videowave production, create your menu and burn.

Anyway, just for information, the Loop check box is shown here in the Video trimmer:

post-114-1193203348.jpg

Edited by malatekid

The Loop check box is available in video trimmer. If you want to loop an overlay effect, you check off the box. From your description, it appears you want to loop the entire video. If so, when you're done assembling and editing your media files in Videowave and has saved the production, open MyDVD and select File ->New project->DVD, no menus. That selection will loop the DVD. Then bring in your Videowave production, create your menu and burn.

Anyway, just for information, the Loop check box is shown here in the Video trimmer:

post-114-1193203348.jpg

That's where I expected it to be, but it is not... :(

I did manage to get a DVD to loop by clicking on the looping icon in VidoeWave (not the trim window).

This doesn't feel right though, also it's the same with version 9 and I'd hoped it would be remedied in version 10. FYI, version 9 was completely uninstalled before installing version 10.

My operating system is Windows Vista x64, with 8 Gb of RAM and Terabytes of hard drive space.

I wonder if Vista x64 is the culprit???

Thanks for responding,

Michael

That's where I expected it to be, but it is not... :(

I did manage to get a DVD to loop by clicking on the looping icon in VidoeWave (not the trim window).

This doesn't feel right though, also it's the same with version 9 and I'd hoped it would be remedied in version 10. FYI, version 9 was completely uninstalled before installing version 10.

My operating system is Windows Vista x64, with 8 Gb of RAM and Terabytes of hard drive space.

I wonder if Vista x64 is the culprit???

Thanks for responding,

Michael

The loop check box is only available when trimming overlay videos. It does not appear in the main video Trim window

What is loop checked on an overlay movie clip supposed to do?

I added a clip as an overlay to another movie, highlighted the overlay, clicked the trim button and trimmed the overlay to select just the middle portion of the overlay movie. Whether or not I check loop, the overlay just plays once through where it appears in time line view.

Of course I can copy/paste multiple copies of the trimmed overlay manually, but I had thought that checking the loop box, it would repeat.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

The trimmed clip did loop when I checked the Loop box. Hmmm. now I don't remember if I did that exercise in version 9 or version 10 (which are in two different PCs). I'll check again (both versions) tonight.

Edited by malatekid

To my small mind, I would think looping an entire video is a desireable feature :unsure:

It's available on the Quick Time Player Pro version, a much lower feature rich version than EMC10, so why is it not available (or at least visible if it is available)???

Cheers,

Michael

To my small mind, I would think looping an entire video is a desireable feature :unsure:

It's available on the Quick Time Player Pro version, a much lower feature rich version than EMC10, so why is it not available (or at least visible if it is available)???

Cheers,

Michael

myguggi verified the Loop box is only available when trimming an overlay effect. Given that, place the video clip as an overlay. Then right click on that overlay (in the Production preview), select Trim and trim the clip to leave only the desired section that you want to loop. Of course, check the Loop box.

Sounds to me like the looping being asked about initially is when a DVD is being played, you want the movie to continuously replay itself. That is controlled when you author a DVD project in MYDVD using video files and/or Videowave projects.

That's not the same thing as looping an overlay in one part of a video editing project, which is done done in Videowave and seems to be where this discussion has gone to.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael,

I am assuming that you want to replay the same movie over and over and there is only one movie with a simple one button menu.

To get the movie to replay has nothing to do with any loop check box but is controlled by selecting which movie to play after the current movie finishes playing. This is done through the settings window. The following pictures may help to explain how to do it.

Select the movie you want to replay

post-103-1193263540.jpg

the settings window opens where you select what action to take after the movie finishes.

post-103-1193263551.jpg

Thank you

This is what I wanted to see, it is what I did, but frankly didn't know what I was doing and was very surprised when it worked.

It's a shame this is not stated in the help files, which are only marginally intuitive.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me.

Cheers,

Michael

Ps. although this is not the thread to mention this, there is one very simple issue Roxio should address, that being when activating any featrure in the Home or Application screens, there is no indication said feature is being loaded, i.e. there is not spinning wheel or "egg-timer" to let one know the program is loading. Yes, there is a small window that comes up, but it is almost always hidden behind the start-up screen.

It would be nice... ;)