• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd&dvd Creator 6 Will Not Open

I had a crash and upgraded from ME to XP. I reinstalled creator 6 and updated it from the web site with no problem. But after restarting my computer, none of the programs will open from the menu. the menu justs moves to the top of the window. I have tryed installing and reinstalling but nothing changes. Help! Jerry

Try uninstall/re-install, if that does not work get back on here:

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, I understand it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

Try uninstall/re-install, if that does not work get back on here:

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, I understand it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

I now get a message "Can not initialize API reinstall Roxio software"

I upgraded ME to XP after a crash and reinstalled creator 6 basic. When I try to burn a data disk Iget an error message "can not initialize API". I have completed all the steps to resolve an indicated in Roxio Knowledge Base Article - EE6000049. Anything else I can do ????.

I upgraded ME to XP after a crash and reinstalled creator 6 basic. When I try to burn a data disk Iget an error message "can not initialize API". I have completed all the steps to resolve an indicated in Roxio Knowledge Base Article - EE6000049. Anything else I can do ????.

I have been better if you had kept this with your other thread…

Did you try the steps listed in the knowledge base? Here

Did you try the steps listed in the knowledge base? Here

In jerry3000's defense, that knowledge base article is about an error with Disc Copier, not Creator. The knowledge base article seems written for a version other than 6.

1. Try to launch Creator Classic to see if it can repair the engine files.

a. Double click on the "Roxio Easy Media Creator Home" icon.

b. Click "Creator Classic" under the "Applications" section.

c. The Windows installer should launch and ask you to insert your installation disc.

d. After you click "OK", the software will try to repair the files.

e. Once the process is complete, "Creator Classic" should launch.

f. Try to launch "Disc Copier" to see if you get the same error.

g. If you experience the same issue, proceed to the next step.

There is a "Home" icon, but no "Applications" section will be found after selecting it. Once you reach task 1b, you have to abandon the rest of the tasks.

2. Manually Register the Disc Copier (Dragon Engine) DLL files

a. Click on the "Start" button, then select "Run"

b. In the run dialog box please copy and paste the following commands one at a time

listed below including the quotes and click the "OK" button after each one:

Regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Roxio Shared\\Dragon\\Dragon.dll"

Regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Roxio Shared\\Dragon\\DragonRs.dll"

c. After you click the "OK" button a window should appear with a message indicating

the file registration succeeded. Once you have received a succeeded message for

both files, shut down and restart your computer and try to launch "Disc Copier".

Ignore the doubled backslash characters; they should be single backslashes. The Dragon Engine DLL files are in a different folder and have different names.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DragonBurningEngine\Dragon.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DragonBurningEngine\DragonResources.dll"

I don't believe that this will help Jerry3000, though.

I don't know what would.

If you install WinXP on top of a FAT32 Operating System (such as Win98, 98SE or ME), it can "break" programs. If cleaning out and reinstalling a program doesn't work, it may be time for re-installing the entire thing from scratch - a "clean install" of the Opearating System.

While we are at it - if you install WinXP on top of a FAT32 Opearating System, and keep FAT32 instead of NTFS, you lose a lot of the benefits of WinXP.

Lynn

I just discovered that after I completed all the steps in Roxio Knowledge Base Article - EE6000049 I can now open Disk Creator from my program files menue. I still can not open it from the projector selector screen. Unless you know what I can do to fix this, I think I will just work around it and delete the shortcut from my desktop. Thanks for the help, Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem "Cannot Initialize API" but I can't get through the knowledge base steps. I don't see a

"Double click on the "Roxio Easy Media Creator Home" icon"

Anywhere.

Go to Start>Programs>Roxio>Roxio Media Easy Creator Home

Archived