• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 7 And Dual Layer Dvds- Can't Do A Simulation

twonails

Question

Hi All,

Every time I try to do a simulation burn with T7 and DL DVDs I can't do it. I tick the box for simulation, untick the buffer over run error box and insert the tray with the DL DVD in it....and the DL disk loads and then the simulation box Unticks itself!!!

Any ideas anyone?

I have actually been trying to back up iLife 06 and I have made about 4 DL coasters so far....they are too expensive to keep at it.....so anybody got any ideas?

Thank

David :)

4 answers to this question

Toast supports DVD+R DL and -R DL. Memorex media is very bad. I wouldn't use it. Verbatim should be fine, but LG drives are pretty bad also. I used a Pioneer drive with verbatim media and didn't have any problems.

You may want to save a disc image of the DVD first, then try to burn the DVD.

DVD+R do not support simulation mode. I backed up my iLife DVD without a problem. What drive and media are you using?

Thanks for the info. I had no idea DVD +R could not do simulation.

Drive and Media failures are as follows:

Drive.................................Media..........................Result

LG GSA-4166B Fware 1.02.......Memorex DVD+R DL.....Failed.....actually tried this twice with same result!

LG GSA-4166B Fware 1.02.......Verbatim DVD-R DL......Failed

Lacie DVDRW8651 Fware JX25..Memorex DVD+R DL....Failed

So.....four failed tries....but I had no idea the Memorex brand was so bad, and they are only a tiny bit cheaper than Verbatim.

I know that MacOS X 10.4 supposedly does not support DVD-R DL.....but I thought Toast & would support it?

Archived