• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Comparing Roxio 8 to 7.5 & 9

Rayi

Question

I got a version of Roxio 8 cheap so I could compare between 7.5 and 9. It seems that Roxio 8 has those same short comings as Roxio 9 when I installed them in 3 different computers. Aside from having done 25 hours of my family home videos converted to DVD using Roxio 7.5 with absolutely no problems, I decided to create various music videos. It's interesting how certain videos come out with an audio distortion that is only present in Roxio 9 & 8. The bass sounds as if the speaker is ripped. It makes it completelely unplayable. I noticed also that certain videos will not play the audio portion, while Roxio 7.5 plays those same videos flawless, just as any Video player plays them well. I've mentioned this issue before but no one seems to know why this happens. It's gotten to the point that I just use Roxio 7.5 anymore, at least for creating those music videos. With my usual home family conversions from my Digital 8 camera, I don't really have any major problems with 9, aside from some minor annoyances. I have mentioned this issue in the other forums but I decided to address it again in the Roixo 8 forums. I don't believe there is a solution; it's just the way it is. I'm wondering if Roxio 10 will do the same.

1 answer to this question

I got a version of Roxio 8 cheap so I could compare between 7.5 and 9. It seems that Roxio 8 has those same short comings as Roxio 9 when I installed them in 3 different computers. Aside from having done 25 hours of my family home videos converted to DVD using Roxio 7.5 with absolutely no problems, I decided to create various music videos from popular artists. I use them for patients that have various mental illness at a hospital for recreation purposes. It's interesting how certain videos come out with an audio distortion that is only present in Roxio 9 & 8. The bass sounds as if the speaker is ripped. It makes it completelely unplayable. I noticed also that certain videos will not play the audio portion, while Roxio 7.5 plays those same videos flawless, just as any Video player plays them well. I've mentioned this issue before but no one seems to know why this happens. It's gotten to the point that I just use Roxio 7.5 anymore, at least for creating those music videos. With my usual home family conversions from my Digital 8 camera, I don't really have any major problems with 9, aside from some minor annoyances. I have mentioned this issue in the other forums but I decided to address it again in the Roixo 8 forums. I don't believe there is a solution; it's just the way it is. I'm wondering if Roxio 10 will do the same.

Before you give up, there are two things to try. Updating the drivers for your audio card/chip is always a good idea. The second thing to try is to use dxdiag to turn down the audio acceleration. Turn it all the way down to start and then you can play with it by going up on the settings.

Let us know if it helps.

Archived