lintila

Popcorn 2 and 3 in Leopard (10.5 retail)

Question

In Leopard (MAc OS X 10.5 retail version released Oct. 26, 2007)

Popcorn 2 seems to work fine until you actually attempt to burn a disc. Then you get Error -13780

Popcorn 3 will not launch at all. Appears in the dock for a split second, then quits.

HALP!

11 answers to this question

Popcorn 2 seems to work fine until you actually attempt to burn a disc. Then you get Error -13780

Popcorn 3 will not launch at all. Appears in the dock for a split second, then quits.

HALP!

Yes, Popcorn 3 totally fails to launch in Leopard. Popcorn 2, though, will work if you zap and then re-install it.

I just bought this software yesterday after clean installing leopard - retail.

It does not launch.. bounces on the dock 3 times then dissappears.

Roxio.. you said OS X 10.4.10 or better on the box !!

I want a refund or better :(

Leopard was released on Friday. Things were bound to break with any major OS upgrade. Roxio's Toast works fine, I figure they'll fix Popcorn 3 very quickly and post a download. I wouldn't go crying for a refund just yet with the benefits of Popcorn being worth a few days wait.

I'm still using Popcorn 1.x and it works fine under Leopard.

A little patience and (if you have it) using Popcorn 2 for a couple of days may well be required.

Is this all a timely warning about the madness of constant updating, which I'm guilty of myself?

If you instal the update to Popcorn 2, taking it up to 2.0.1, you then get that 13780 error message, whereas unmodified Popcorn 2 from the older disc appears to be behaving itself.

Roxio will presumably produce a patch / fix to download once they've got their heads round Leopard.

Leopard was released on Friday. Things were bound to break with any major OS upgrade. Roxio's Toast works fine, I figure they'll fix Popcorn 3 very quickly and post a download.

Though it's true that Leopard is fresh out of the door, it has been in development for about a year and all developers had access to the various builds during this period.

I wouldn't go crying for a refund either though,

I hope that when the update comes (and it will - there has been an announcement already) Roxio will take the opportunity to update the antiquated DivX encoding codec that ships with PopCorn 3

Edited by cortig

Perhaps they will fix all the other PopCON 3 stuff ups at the same time.

Popcorn 2 is great - 3 is a con.

And it appears that DivX.com is coming out with a new version of their codecs....

I fear that the same problem will come up again shortly after the new version is released :_\

I don't understand why Toast and PopCorn can't look in /Library/QuickTime for a newer version of the encoding codec and use it if it exists. That would eliminate this issue once and for all.....

Would be nice if Roxio was upfront about this and actually warned those with Leopard that Popcorn 3 is not compatible. I guess that would make too much sense :lol:

I had panther and used popcorn1. Updated to leopard popcorn did not work. Purchased Popcorn 3 still not working icon bounces then nothing happens. Hope they release update soon!

HALP!

:angry: