Mp3 Burning

jer952

Question

When I try to burn an MP3 cd, it always burns as one large file. I've even tried burning them as a data disk and added each file seperately, then burning with the same results. The only way I've gotten it to work is with drag to disk. version 5.5 worked fine, but I've had this problem with 7.5 from the start.

4 answers to this question

When I try to burn an MP3 cd, it always burns as one large file. I've even tried burning them as a data disk and added each file seperately, then burning with the same results. The only way I've gotten it to work is with drag to disk. version 5.5 worked fine, but I've had this problem with 7.5 from the start.

I guess we need more detail. What part of EMC are you using, Creator Classic? Selecting Music CD? And multiple .MP3 files? And they're getting merged into one Audio CD track?

Give us some agonizingly explicit detail, click-by-click, as to exactly what steps you're taking to create your CD so we may discover where something is going horribly wrong.

It sounds more like maybe you're creating a Data CD, where the .MP3 files would indeed be put as .MP3 files into a single Data CD track, which wouldn't be playable on a normal CD player, but it's hard to tell at this point. Also, does the disc play (on something other than your PC or a .MP3 player)?

I guess we need more detail. What part of EMC are you using, Creator Classic? Selecting Music CD? And multiple .MP3 files? And they're getting merged into one Audio CD track?

Give us some agonizingly explicit detail, click-by-click, as to exactly what steps you're taking to create your CD so we may discover where something is going horribly wrong.

It sounds more like maybe you're creating a Data CD, where the .MP3 files would indeed be put as .MP3 files into a single Data CD track, which wouldn't be playable on a normal CD player, but it's hard to tell at this point. Also, does the disc play (on something other than your PC or a .MP3 player)?

I forgot to post back yesterday that I ran a few tests and did not run into any problems at all. Even burning to an ISO image it plainly listed the separate tracks. I can't figure out what the poster did to get 1 'merged' file.

Hello all! After my fourth reinstall all is working well now. In fact, now instead of burning at 10 - 12X, I'm burning at 40X.

Thanks to all that tried to help,

Jerry

Glad to hear good news...thanks for the info.

Archived