Audio File Burned To Cd Plays Back S-l-o-w

dianesm

I have Easy CD Creator 5 v. 5.3.4.21. It came on my Win-XP Dell computer which I've had for about 5 years.

When I burn my Coast to Coast AM Streamlink files to CD they play back slow--too slow to be usable. When I first signed up with Streamlink I was able to get good CDs from their files. Then, a couple of months into my membership, all of a sudden this problem began. I sent an inquiry to the folks at Streamlink and they just told me it had to be a problem with my CD burner. I don't think so, because other audio files I have do just fine. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

BTW--I have the same Roxio program and the same problem on both my home and work computers.

Thanks.

Diane

I have Easy CD Creator 5 v. 5.3.4.21. It came on my Win-XP Dell computer which I've had for about 5 years.

When I burn my Coast to Coast AM Streamlink files to CD they play back slow--too slow to be usable. When I first signed up with Streamlink I was able to get good CDs from their files. Then, a couple of months into my membership, all of a sudden this problem began. I sent an inquiry to the folks at Streamlink and they just told me it had to be a problem with my CD burner. I don't think so, because other audio files I have do just fine. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

BTW--I have the same Roxio program and the same problem on both my home and work computers.

Thanks.

Diane

It sounds like possible DRM (Digital Rights Management) code to me.

Do you have any way to burn them within Streamlink?

Or could you burn to CD-RW as you download (instead of downloading to Hard Drive), finalize the disc, and ripping them to your Hard Drive as .mp3 or .wav files? (The CD-RW can then be erased and reused - which is why I am suggesting CD-RW instead of the safer CD-R.)

Lynn

Thanks.

Diane

Is this a file-download service? Or an internet radio service? And if it's the latter, how do you capture the files, and in what format (.WAV, .MP3, .WMA)? It sounds like there's a mismatch between the actual sample rate of the files, and what the header may be telling ECDC. That is, the header says the file was sampled at 22.05Ksps (samples per second), but it was actually sampled at 44.1 Ksps. In this case, ECDC would be duplicating each sample in an attempt to get the sample rate up to 44.1 Ksps, but in reality, it would be doubling the length of the track and making it sound slower since it's already at 44.1Ksps.

So, let us know a little more about this Coast to Coast AM Streamlink stuff.

Thanks to both of you, Lynn and Dave, for taking a stab at this.

Coast to Coast AM is a regular old-fashioned radio program (see www.coasttocoastam.com) and Streamlink is the service they use to provide member access to radio programs via the internet. There are three ways of getting the show content through Streamlink: 1) live streaming while the radio show is on the air, 2) podcasts, and 3) file downloads. The last two methods create files on the computer that can be listened to on the computer, burned to CDs or loaded onto an MP3 player. The file type is MP3 Audio.

For what it's worth, I also have an MP3 player and I'm able to play the files without problem on that device. They also play fine on the computer using the RealOne Player. The only problem I'm having is when I use ECDC to burn CDs.

If you need more info just let me know.

Thanks,

Diane

Coast to Coast AM is a regular old-fashioned radio program (see www.coasttocoastam.com) and Streamlink is the service they use to provide member access to radio programs via the internet. There are three ways of getting the show content through Streamlink: 1) live streaming while the radio show is on the air, 2) podcasts, and 3) file downloads. The last two methods create files on the computer that can be listened to on the computer, burned to CDs or loaded onto an MP3 player. The file type is MP3 Audio.

For what it's worth, I also have an MP3 player and I'm able to play the files without problem on that device. They also play fine on the computer using the RealOne Player. The only problem I'm having is when I use ECDC to burn CDs.

Thanks,

Diane

Can you burn them to CD with RealOne Player, and then rip them to the Hard Drive as .wav files?

Lynn

Thanks,

Diane

I'm thinking Dave's comments still apply here - that the compression rate on these mp3's is different than what ECDC5 thinks it is?

<snip>

The file type is MP3 Audio.

Thanks,

Diane

Okay. What we need to know now is what the original sample rate of the .MP3 files is. Can you play the file back using WinAmp (a free .MP3 player)? When it's playing, Winamp displays information about the file, the sample rate, which could be something like 44.1Ksps, 22.05Ksps, or lower, or even 48Ksps.

Also, as it plays, Winamp displays the bitrate. If the file is a Constant Bit Rate (CBR) encoded file, the bitrate will stay at one number, like, 128K, or 96K, or 132K, 160K... etc. If it's encoded as Variable Bit Rate, the number will change as the file plays.

And lastly, when you say it plays slowly, how slowly do you mean? If you play back a section using your MP3 player, and it takes 1 minute, how long does the same section take to play from the CD? That'll give us a clue about the original sample rate too.

Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully it'll help us track down the problem.

Archived