• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Eyetv To Toast

darconuk

Question

hi all - hoping you can help

i am attempting burn dvds that i have saved in eyetv and transferring to toast 7 but only probably one in very five manages to burn - i think it's a 'buffer under run' (?) but i don't know what this is

can anyone advise? i am using a first imac g5 - all software up to date

all help appreciated

dc/uk

(if anyone wants a stack of burnt but useless dvds let me know....!)

1 answer to this question

hi all - hoping you can help

i am attempting burn dvds that i have saved in eyetv and transferring to toast 7 but only probably one in very five manages to burn - i think it's a 'buffer under run' (?) but i don't know what this is

can anyone advise? i am using a first imac g5 - all software up to date

all help appreciated

dc/uk

(if anyone wants a stack of burnt but useless dvds let me know....!)

The are a lot of possibilities here. It will be helpful if you can be more descriptive of the steps you followed and what the error message is. I'm guessing you're using a built-in superdrive to burn the DVD?

In the Advanced tab of the Recorder Settings window there is a buffer underrun prevention check box. Make sure it is checked. Also, make sure you're using good quality media. When you're ready to burn the DVD try this for a change: Do not click the burn button; instead choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. When Toast is done writing the DVD disc image file select the Toast Copy window and choose Image File and then select the disc image that was saved to your hard drive. Now click the burn button.

Archived