• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Add Audio To Splash Screen

njjeep

Question

Using 7.5, DVD builder to crete dvd slide show.

I know I can add audio to a slideshow, but how do I add to the main title page that dispalys when you put dvd in? When I bring up properties of the splash page, I cant seem to locate any option to put in sound.

thanx in advance.

15 answers to this question

Just a suggestion to add to what Bruce said. I have made several new folders on my hard drive that have only my photos (different folders for several different types of photos I have). Then when you go to VideoWave and check the "Media Selector" screen that Bruce talks about, just change or open the folders to where your photos are and then again as Bruce suggested just drag each photo in the order you want them in to the "Storyline" boxes. Even if you don't have them in the exact order you want them you can later move them around very easily by just dragging each photo in the Storyline to a new location.

Another suggestion: After you have your photos inserted into VideoWave, change to the "Timeline" view and you can also add various music to the slide show and move it around to fit the sequence of photos.

VideoWave is one great powerful program portion of EMC !!

Frank..........

I tossed and turned all nite, couldnt wait to get back and start another

project!!. hahaha Im hooekd..!

One side note though, I find it a little convoluted that there are a host of other editing features AFTER you choose to burn the project. I would never have thought that there would be other options there. Oh well...

I tossed and turned all nite, couldnt wait to get back and start another

project!!. hahaha Im hooekd..!

One side note though, I find it a little convoluted that there are a host of other editing features AFTER you choose to burn the project. I would never have thought that there would be other options there. Oh well...

If you are talking about DVD Builder opening, after you click the burn icon in VideoWave, that is done by design. VideoWave is the editing portion of the software suite, and DVD Builder is the authoring and burning portion of the software suite.

If you are talking about the changing of the background music for the menu, etc., that is authoring.

omg...im sorry...sometimes i think i know it all. I feel foolish now. Many thanx indeed for the help, I will use it wisely and hopefully will be able to pass it along to another who needs help.

You are welcome. Passing along the information that you have learned is what makes these forums so good.

hee, the saga continues.

So videowave is fun, does all I could hope for.

Now if I save the project then look for it with MyDVD or DVD builder, it cant locate it. It does save the file as dsdm format, bu tcant see it.

I also exported it to a video format, same thing MyDVD doesnt see the file.

Now what have I missed?

hee, the saga continues.

So videowave is fun, does all I could hope for.

Now if I save the project then look for it with MyDVD or DVD builder, it cant locate it. It does save the file as dsdm format, bu tcant see it.

I also exported it to a video format, same thing MyDVD doesnt see the file.

Now what have I missed?

If you are using VideoWave in version 7.0, 7.1, or 7.5, your saved file extension is .dmsm, not .dmsd, which is DVD Builder.

Forget about MyDVD. It is not a Roxio product, and it won't recognize anything that you did in Roxio software. Ok, follow the steps in the following old post of mine. This is only one way of getting to the end that you want, but it is the best for you to try, now. This post was for a person who was trying to burn a slide show production, but the mechanics are the same for most productions:

First of all, it is best to build your slideshow in VideoWave, save it, then click on the burn button, (DVD icon) which will open DVD Builder. Pick DVD for project type, then make any changes that you want for the background picture that will show on the DVD when it comes up, in your set top player. You can make other changes as well, such as what music will play at the Menu screen. Save your production in DVD Builder, too.

Now, click on the burn icon. Uncheck the Burn to DVD option and check the Burn to Image File option. In the Advanced Options, pick best, and also, in the dropdown box, pick whether you want the production to play through or whatever you want. Also, make sure that NTSC is showing, if you live in the U.S.

Pick a name and location for the ISO file, and click Burn. Once the file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Options, click in the circle to the left of Disc Image or DVD Video Folder, browse for the ISO file that you just made, click on it, and it will load into Disc Copier. You can then burn it to DVD. This ISO option works best, for most.

Prior to doing all of this, defrag your hard drive, get rid of all spyware on your computer, using AdAware or Spybot, and make sure that your DVD burner has the latest firmware update.

Using 7.5, DVD builder to crete dvd slide show.

I know I can add audio to a slideshow, but how do I add to the main title page that dispalys when you put dvd in? When I bring up properties of the splash page, I cant seem to locate any option to put in sound.

thanx in advance.

First, always build your productions in VideoWave, not DVD Builder. You take the production to DVD Builder after you have done all of your editing. In DVD Builder, you can change the background picture that shows when you put your DVD in the player to watch your production. You can also add the background music that you are talking about.

To add the background audio, right-click on the screen in Menu Editor. (Upper right portion of the window.) Click on Change Background Audio, browse to the file that you want to play when you insert the DVD, and click on Add or Ok. It will now be what you hear when the DVD gets to the Menu on your set top DVD player.

Note that the audio will only play for 30 seconds before looping. That is the maximum length that it will play, by design.

Just a suggestion to add to what Bruce said. I have made several new folders on my hard drive that have only my photos (different folders for several different types of photos I have). Then when you go to VideoWave and check the "Media Selector" screen that Bruce talks about, just change or open the folders to where your photos are and then again as Bruce suggested just drag each photo in the order you want them in to the "Storyline" boxes. Even if you don't have them in the exact order you want them you can later move them around very easily by just dragging each photo in the Storyline to a new location.

Another suggestion: After you have your photos inserted into VideoWave, change to the "Timeline" view and you can also add various music to the slide show and move it around to fit the sequence of photos.

VideoWave is one great powerful program portion of EMC !!

Frank..........

Frank,

I also keep all my photos, videos, etc in different folders defined by years, types, etc. But when I create a Videowave/DVD Builder project I create a new folder and put all my source files as well as project files (and intermediate files that may be created) into that folder. This makes it very easy to save all your project files to a CD/DVD just in case you have to re-create you project.

All good stuff and usable..except...how does one use Videowave when you are working with photos and not videos... :)

Thanks again for all the info, it does help.!!!!

Quite easily. I use VideoWave for all of my slide shows. Use Storyline view, and drag all of your photos down from the Media Selector (upper right portion of the screen), down to the Production Editor, below.

You can combine photos and video files. Do a little playing around with VideoWave, and you will find it has an amazing amount of editing possibilities.

A very long time ago I had a similar problem with wanting to know how to get rid of that awful default music that played when you first inserted the DVD into the player. Bruce is quite correct in suggesting how to change the background music (clicking on a blank spot (blue area) in upper right portion of Menu Editor screen) and also that the longest time you can set it to play is 30 seconds. In my particular problem I wanted to just get rid of ANY music at zero length of time (again, that terrible default music). And that nasty music would always be much higher in volume that anyone would want !!!!

You can find all that (When in DVD builder) by clicking on the "THEME" button (right side of main menu under DVD Menu Settings) Who would have ever thought to look there !!!! Then clicking on the advanced button. There you will find an option for Audio where you can select several defauly music themes and another "Duration" button where you can set the time (by default it is set for 30 seconds) that you want for 30 seconds or less.

Just a little more information offered in a similar case, Bruce.

Frank..............

Excellent observation Walt. I have been doing the exact same thing every since I started using EMC. (Actually since I found out the hard way how EMC saves your work). The one best reason for doing this is when you save all your previously made productions to a burned disk and then later put them back onto your hard disk, you find out that they won't run because all the original and separate files used to make the original production are not being found. So including all these separate files in the same folder as your production folder is a very wise thing to do. It takes up more hard drive memory but most of the time one has large enough hard drives it's not a problem.

BTW Walt, this information has been discussed several times in other posts where OP's can't figure out why their saved work won't run right later on. Thanks Walt for adding this added suggestion to the forum. It will certainly help others.

Frank.....

Archived