Encoding Freeze

peter33134

Question

:) When I try to make a DVD movie, adding sound and text, the burn proces freezes during encoding always at the same place. it worked once when I first installed EMC8. Since then, it freezes during encoding.

I set the IDE controller to DMA; I increase the paging file; I uninstall and reinstall; I updates drivers. Still freezes during encoding. I have lots of free space on my hard drive.

To test, I tried making a 4 GB movie with raw mpeg files and it worked perfectly, encoding and burning.

I retried the original movie and it froze. I redid the movie and it still froze.

Also the free Nero software that came with my Sony burner seem to work faster.

Any suggestions.

7 answers to this question

Do you have the Nero InCD installed? If so, uninstall it, and see if that makes a difference.

I "had" Nero SmartStart installed but it made no difference. This pgm came with the burner.

Last night I shot 3 GB video and copied to hard drive. I was able to make a "simple" DVD movie with app the mpeg files.

Titles, text, background music is what seems to cause it to freeze.

I can also copy a DVD without any problesm.

Thanks

:) When I try to make a DVD movie, adding sound and text, the burn proces freezes during encoding always at the same place. it worked once when I first installed EMC8. Since then, it freezes during encoding.

I set the IDE controller to DMA; I increase the paging file; I uninstall and reinstall; I updates drivers. Still freezes during encoding. I have lots of free space on my hard drive.

To test, I tried making a 4 GB movie with raw mpeg files and it worked perfectly, encoding and burning.

I retried the original movie and it froze. I redid the movie and it still froze.

Also the free Nero software that came with my Sony burner seem to work faster.

Any suggestions.

Do you have the Nero InCD installed? If so, uninstall it, and see if that makes a difference.

I think I found the culprit!

I read somewhere about the heat generated during the encoding process and shutting down all unsused pgms, etc.

So I tried it again. This time I took off the side panel from the case to let more air in .... and bingo ... it worked.

I think I found the culprit!

I read somewhere about the heat generated during the encoding process and shutting down all unsused pgms, etc.

So I tried it again. This time I took off the side panel from the case to let more air in .... and bingo ... it worked.

If this is a regular problem, you might want to invest in another fan. You can monitor the temp in your system too. Take a look here.

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. This is often overlooked especially in laptops that need a good cleaning.

Archived