• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 8 - Cannot Navigate Dvd

jawu22

Question

Made a couple of discs today. Popped them into my standalone player and found I cannot navigate any of the menus on the disc. First scene is highlighted but that's about it. It won't let you move to the next. I'm pretty sure it is not the player as I tried it in 4 different players, all different brands and the same thing still occurs. The ame thing also happens when you go to preview before burning. You cannot navigate the menu with any of the arrow buttons. The only way you can move to the next one is by clicking on it with the mouse. I am new to DVD burning and this is the only program I've used so far. Am I doing something wrong?

6 answers to this question

If you can't navigate using the simulated remote keys, something must be wrong. Give us more information about your project. How many buttons? etc., types of files, which menu style, etc.

As they were just test disks I just used the default menu style each time. I used 3 thumbnails as the disk contained 3 tv programs. All of the files were VOB files. Navigation aside, the actual content on the disc played fine.

Odd... try another style without burning and see if the preview works correctly. If that works, then burn to a video folder and play it back to see if that works. If it does, then Disc Copier will burn it.

You might also try adding the movies in the order in which you want them in the menu. Don't move them around (you might also try alphabetically). I'm not sure why but sometimes that allows the navigation to work "better". :huh: If you try to move the buttons, sometimes crazy things happen with the navigation (like having to go up from the bottom to get to the second one listed.) :)

Interesting. It seems to be an issue with the menu styles. Any menu style that uses the thumbnail will not navigate. But if I use a menu style with titles only I can navigate just fine. Thank you both for all your help!

Archived