Rotating .mpeg Video Files

lazybrown2

Question

I am using EMC8 and have MyDVD 8 open. I have imported my video files (mpeg4) files and a few are vertical and need to be rotated. In the previous version I could rotate these clips -- or I could rotate them in Quicktime -- which I did do. When I added to mydvd8 it re-rotated back. I now have a few video clips in my story that are sideways and it is pretty strange.

There is a rotate botton for pictures and it looks like there is one for video but it is not active.

Any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Thanks it worked. I would have never have used that technique if you hadn't suggested it.

Thanks again.

MyDVD 8 is very different from what you are used to. With V8, when you click on a movie to edit, it really opens VideoWave 8 (not labeled as such). Put a color panel in the place where you want the video and slightly longer than the video. Now add the video as an overlay. You will be able to rotate it to any angle. Once you have it right, trim the color panel to fit. If you need more detailed instructions, post back.

MyDVD 8 is very different from what you are used to. With V8, when you click on a movie to edit, it really opens VideoWave 8 (not labeled as such). Put a color panel in the place where you want the video and slightly longer than the video. Now add the video as an overlay. You will be able to rotate it to any angle. Once you have it right, trim the color panel to fit. If you need more detailed instructions, post back.

I am using EMC8 and have MyDVD 8 open. I have imported my video files (mpeg4) files and a few are vertical and need to be rotated. In the previous version I could rotate these clips -- or I could rotate them in Quicktime -- which I did do. When I added to mydvd8 it re-rotated back. I now have a few video clips in my story that are sideways and it is pretty strange.

There is a rotate botton for pictures and it looks like there is one for video but it is not active.

Any thoughts?

Archived