Result Code = -108

graflin

Question

I have been backing up some new DVDs I have bought. Except for a few minor hiccups dealing with OSX 10.4.5, everything has been running smoothly until about an hour ago.

Now, everythime I try to burn a DVD, I am getting the following message:

-------------------

Could not record the disc because there was not enough memory.

Result Code = -108

------------------

The files are well under the size of the disc limit. I have tried numerous blank double-layer discs (yes, they are blank). I have plenty of harddrive space available (if that is the issue). I have shut down and restarted the computer, but no change. I have tried a search of this forum and a google search, but nothing comes up.

I am running Toast 6.1.1 with OSX 10.4.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

The out of memory error appears when something is missing from the VIDEO_TS folder. Possibly you've removed part of the folder's contents or did a movie-only rip.

Hi Tsantee,

That seems to be the case. After further reviewing my actions, I realized that this error only occurred on rips where I had used MacTheRipper to extract the main feature only. On rips where I extracted the entire disc I had no problems. I wonder what file MTR is failing to grab.

Thanks for the input.

The out of memory error appears when something is missing from the VIDEO_TS folder. Possibly you've removed part of the folder's contents or did a movie-only rip.

Good Call Graflin! I was about to toss my RW-DVD into the trash when I read your post. Your answer not only answered why I was getting a -108 error, but also cleared up a different mystery of why my previous burns read such a low content from gigs to MBs. All is well and my home made video is burning like crazy. Many Thanks for your post.

Patt :)

Good Call Graflin! I was about to toss my RW-DVD into the trash when I read your post. Your answer not only answered why I was getting a -108 error, but also cleared up a different mystery of why my previous burns read such a low content from gigs to MBs. All is well and my home made video is burning like crazy. Many Thanks for your post.

Patt :)

In my case - I was COPYING a DVD that I had made in TOAST from .avi clips. I had burnt several copies from that discs for friends. Then the -108 - out of memory thing started coming up. Tried in 7.0.2 - same prob. Will try out 7.1 and see if that resolves the issue. Never had this prob before and have been using the SAME branded discs - TDK and same burner for over 8 months now.

Archived