• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 7 Capture Of Analog Signal

danandkaren

Question

I am having trouble capturing video from my video 8 camcorder. I am using a Sony digital camcorder as a digital conversion device. Videowave 7 recognizes my Sony camcorder, but will not capture video because Videowave 7 cannot control the actual camcorder connected through the digital camcorder. Is there any way to disable the control function in Videowave 7, and just capture the video? I can capture this video with Windows Movie Maker, but the files are very large - about twice the size of video captured with Roxio.

Thanks,

Dan

7 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
Is there any way to disable the control function in Videowave 7, and just capture the video? I can capture this video with Windows Movie Maker, but the files are very large - about twice the size of video captured with Roxio.

I don't think you can disable the control function. I've never been able to get the pass through signal on my Sony camcorder converter to capture using version 7. Strangely, it will work with Movie Creator which is VW 5.

If you're capturing approximately 13 GBs of video per hour with Windows Movie Maker, then you're probably capturing the video as DV AVI which is what I consider to be the best capture method. I'd recommend not capturing all in one file because generating the preview as you edit will take forever. Capture in 15- 20 minutes, edit one capture, then add the second capture to the storyline.... etc.

The program will compress the footage to MPEG2 when you go to burn the production in DVD Builder.

If that's not acceptable, you might have to use the program that came with the camcorder. However, when you capture and edit MPEG2 footage, the program may have to decode and encode and that can create problems.

Guest mlpasley
I do have VW5.

Can I install VW5 on my computer and stil have no conflicts with Easy Media Creator 7?

The other option of capturing with WMM sound plausible as I can delete files after DVD production.

I have both installed on my computer with no problems.

I am having trouble capturing video from my video 8 camcorder. I am using a Sony digital camcorder as a digital conversion device. Videowave 7 recognizes my Sony camcorder, but will not capture video because Videowave 7 cannot control the actual camcorder connected through the digital camcorder. Is there any way to disable the control function in Videowave 7, and just capture the video? I can capture this video with Windows Movie Maker, but the files are very large - about twice the size of video captured with Roxio.

Thanks,

Dan

I capture from my Sony analog camcorder (and VCRs as well) through my Sony digital camcorder all the time and have no problems. You of course cannot control the analog camcorder and have to do the start/stop operation on the analog camcorder manually. If you are using EMC 7 to capture you have to connect your digital camcorder to your PC using a Firewire cable. I would think the manual of your Sony digital camcorder should have a description on how to capture from an analog device using the digital camcorder as a conversion device.

When I try to capture analog AV through my sony digital camcorder, the preview screen will show the video and audio from my analog camcorder. When I go to the actual capture screen, I get a message that the capture device was lost. When I go back to the previous screen, there is no AV to be seen.

I have installed VW5 and have had success with capture from my analog source.

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Dan

Archived