• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

maidaandhans

Mydvd Options Not Working

Question

I have EMC8 (not 8.05) and I think I have tried everything to set up the MyDVD menu to "play all" titles. Help says to create an Unlinked Button and then to select View > Settings to select various options. I cannot get access to the View > Settings option as it is greyed out.

Is there some protection that does not allow me to access the View > Settings menu. I can see it but it not active and I do have the button selected. Without this option EMC8 is useless for me.

Roxann was no help.

EMC7.5 was so easy with a Play Next Title option in the burn menu.

Thanks

Hans

5 answers to this question

I have EMC8 (not 8.05) and I think I have tried everything to set up the MyDVD menu to "play all" titles. Help says to create an Unlinked Button and then to select View > Settings to select various options. I cannot get access to the View > Settings option as it is greyed out.

Is there some protection that does not allow me to access the View > Settings menu. I can see it but it not active and I do have the button selected. Without this option EMC8 is useless for me.

Roxann was no help.

EMC7.5 was so easy with a Play Next Title option in the burn menu.

Thanks

Hans

Hi Hans

You can add a play all button try this.

Another user posted a very simple solution:

Create a MyDVD project

Add your video file

Click on the thumbnail and copy to clipboard

Rename this thumbnail to PLAY ALL

Paste the clipboard back and move the thumbnail to another location

Right click on it and edit chapters

Rename this thumbnail - Play Scenes

Technically you have two buttons that 'point' to the same video. The second one will create a submenu to select scenes. I've used this several times and works fine.

Hi Hans

You can add a play all button try this.

Another user posted a very simple solution:

Create a MyDVD project

Add your video file

Click on the thumbnail and copy to clipboard

Rename this thumbnail to PLAY ALL

Paste the clipboard back and move the thumbnail to another location

Right click on it and edit chapters

Rename this thumbnail - Play Scenes

Technically you have two buttons that 'point' to the same video. The second one will create a submenu to select scenes. I've used this several times and works fine.

Thanks Alan,

I can't seem to do what you are suggesting. I can copy and paste a button allright but, being linked to only one of the several video clips in the project, any editing I try to do or setting chapters only applies to the one video clip.

I assume you are not using the View > Settings menu item to create the PLAY ALL option you refer to.

Regards

Hans

Try this, when you go to add the movies, select all of the ones you want in the project at the same time and in the order that you want them to be seen. Then follow the procedure. Selecting them all at one time will combine them into one production. Now your chapters will be each show.

Those "settings" command are not available in this Version.

Thanks Alan,

I can't seem to do what you are suggesting. I can copy and paste a button allright but, being linked to only one of the several video clips in the project, any editing I try to do or setting chapters only applies to the one video clip.

I assume you are not using the View > Settings menu item to create the PLAY ALL option you refer to.

Regards

Hans

Hans if you are trying to create a 'Play All' button for several titles that are on the SAME menu, there is no way to do it.

For example if you have added several videos to the MAIN MENU in MyDVD, you end up with the same number of buttons to play those videos. You can not then add a Play All because these are treated as separate Movies. As far as I know, they will always return to the Main Menu.

If you WANT them to play as ONE MOVIE, then why place buttons for each on the main menu? Would make more sense to do what sknis suggested. This way you have two buttons on the main menu: Play All and Play Scenes. You would be achieving the same results.

Edited by ggrussell

Thanks Guys for your assistance.

You've confirmed what I thought and at least I'm not going crazy. EMC7.5 handled this particular option better. That's progress??

Regards

Hans