• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD Slideshow Preview

terry22580

Question

22 answers to this question

I have sucessfully dragged my audio files from the Media Selector to the Production Editor, and created several different VideoWave Productions. The problem I am running into now is that MyDVD apparently wil not accept VideoWave Files (.DMSM extention) when tryingto "Add Slideshow". How can I place all of my VideoWave Productions into a menu driven DVD?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Once you have the VideoWave project done and saved, then you use add photo/video. If you try to add a slide show, the program thinks that you are trying to make another slide show.

I have sucessfully dragged my audio files from the Media Selector to the Production Editor, and created several different VideoWave Productions. The problem I am running into now is that MyDVD apparently wil not accept VideoWave Files (.DMSM extention) when tryingto "Add Slideshow". How can I place all of my VideoWave Productions into a menu driven DVD?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Open DVD Builder, and click on Add New Title. Then browse to your .dmsm file(s), highlight them, and click on Add. Repeat for each .dmsm file you want to bring in.

Open DVD Builder, and click on Add New Title. Then browse to your .dmsm file(s), highlight them, and click on Add. Repeat for each .dmsm file you want to bring in.

I have tried numerous times to add my Videowave productions to DVD Builder but have not been sucessful.

DVD Builder seems to freeze up.

Does anyone have any idea how this may be solved?

Thanks,

Terry22580

I have tried numerous times to add my Videowave productions to DVD Builder but have not been sucessful.

DVD Builder seems to freeze up.

Does anyone have any idea how this may be solved?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11 on your computer? If so, you have to roll back, because both of them kill EMC 7 and 7.5

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11 on your computer? If so, you have to roll back, because both of them kill EMC 7 and 7.5

I had forgotten that this thread is in regard to V7/V7.5 and not in V8 where it is currectly posted. Thanks for reminding me.

MyDVD Slideshow came bundled with EMC 7.5.

In previewing my slide show prior to burning DVD, there is always a slight interuption in the flow of the slideshow at 8 minutes and 14 seconds.

How can I over come this problem?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Let's establish the version of software you have. What do you have? You said EMC 7.5 but the MyDVD component is not part of EMC 7.5.

What application did you use to create the slideshow? What do you have around that time frame - a transition, a still image or a video clip?

Let's establish the version of software you have. What do you have? You said EMC 7.5 but the MyDVD component is not part of EMC 7.5.

What application did you use to create the slideshow? What do you have around that time frame - a transition, a still image or a video clip?

I have MyDVD 6 Slideshow (6.1.2).

I have only still pictures in a slideshow and the pictures transition one picture to the next (slight overlap).

Actually I have two different slideshows which each excedd 8 minutes 14 seconds and both have the same disruption at the same "time".

During the "Preview" mode, there is a sort of a digitial clock tracking the seconds, and minutes of the slideshow.

Thanks,

Terry22580

Yes, I have both Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11 on my computer. What do you mean by "roll back", and how would I do this?

Terry22580

I have MyDVD 6 Slideshow (6.1.2).

I have only still pictures in a slideshow and the pictures transition one picture to the next (slight overlap).

Actually I have two different slideshows which each excedd 8 minutes 14 seconds and both have the same disruption at the same "time".

During the "Preview" mode, there is a sort of a digitial clock tracking the seconds, and minutes of the slideshow.

Thanks,

Terry22580

Use VideoWave, in EMC 7.5, to do your slide show. You will find it is more robust, and you should not have any problems with it.

I have EMC 7.5, EMC 9, and EMC 10 on my computer. For creating slide shows, VideoWave, in EMC 7.5 is still the best.

Use VideoWave, in EMC 7.5, to do your slide show. You will find it is more robust, and you should not have any problems with it.

I have EMC 7.5, EMC 9, and EMC 10 on my computer. For creating slide shows, VideoWave, in EMC 7.5 is still the best.

Thanks grandpabruce for the suggestion to use VideoWave.

However, I like the feature in MyDVD Slideshow that allows you to use menus and sub-menus - as I have attempted to create sub slideshows of each island in Hawaii which we visited this year.

VideoWave is probably great for simple slideshows.

MyDVD Slideshow will probably work for me as long as none o my individual slideshows exceed 8 minutes, 14 seconds - when the slideshow clock seems to reset causing an interuption in the flow f the slideshow.

If anyone has any more suggestions on how to overcome this problem, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Terry22580

Thanks grandpabruce for the suggestion to use VideoWave.

However, I like the feature in MyDVD Slideshow that allows you to use menus and sub-menus - as I have attempted to create sub slideshows of each island in Hawaii which we visited this year.

VideoWave is probably great for simple slideshows.

MyDVD Slideshow will probably work for me as long as none o my individual slideshows exceed 8 minutes, 14 seconds - when the slideshow clock seems to reset causing an interuption in the flow f the slideshow.

If anyone has any more suggestions on how to overcome this problem, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Terry22580

Actually, VideoWave is far more than simple for creating productions. You make your menus in DVD Builder. You save the production that you made in VideoWave, close the program, open DVD Builder, click on Add New Title, then browse to the folder that you save your VideoWave production in, and bring it into DVD Builder to make your menus, just like you did before.

Actually, VideoWave is far more than simple for creating productions. You still make your menus in MyDVD. You save the production that you made in VideoWave, close the program, open MyDVD, click on Add New Movie, then browse to the folder that you save your VideoWave production in, and bring it into MyDVD to make your menus, just like you did before.

Grandpabruce,

Taiking your advise, I began experimenting using VideoWave to create my slideshow productions with audio backround. It may be the solution I was looking for. The only problem I am having right now is that it VideoWave will not let you add more than three songs (files) to a production. Is there a way to add four or five songs (files) to a production?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Grandpabruce,

Taiking your advise, I began experimenting using VideoWave to create my slideshow productions with audio backround. It may be the solution I was looking for. The only problem I am having right now is that it VideoWave will not let you add more than three songs (files) to a production. Is there a way to add four or five songs (files) to a production?

Thanks,

Terry22580

Videowave have three audio tracks, (external) how are you adding your songs? You not only have external tracks, there are also internal tracks.

Grandpabruce,

Thanks,

Terry22580

In addition to what Patty said, there is another way to bring in more than three songs. I always use Sound Editor first, if building a slide show.

I bring in all the songs that I want to use in my production, and make them one .wav file. I then add that file to a music overlay in VideoWave, then click the Fit to Audio icon so the pictures and music start and end at the same time.

I finally completed my slideshow project, and it came out very well - thanks to the help and advice of those of you named below.

Malet Kid

GrandpaBruce

Patty

Sknis

Steve (the other one)

Paul

DVD Builder with Videowave and Sound Editor worked much better that MyDVD Slideshow, and produced a higher quality DVD.

Thanks again for you help.

Terry22580

Glad it all worked out great.

I don't think you can beat Videowave for slide shows. The program if both powerful and simple and allows much creativity. I've got lots to learn but know enough to be very pleased with the projects I've completed with VW.

Videowave have three audio tracks, (external) how are you adding your songs? You not only have external tracks, there are also internal tracks.

Thanks,

Terry22580

Grandpa Bruce provided a way to make a long music file, add it to VideoWave and get the images and music to end at the same time. This is very similar to what you are doing in MyDVD. If that is sufficient, great, no need to read further.

The other way is as Patty says, use the multiple audio tracks in the program to do a little more with your music such as using a piece of music with a certain series of images and another piece with another series, etc.

Here is an old image that will give you an idea of how to do this. BTW, audio tracks are audio tracks regardless if they are named Narration, Music, Sound Effects, etc.

You may also want to watch the video about adding audio in the appropriate video here. It is not exactly the same but you'll get the idea.

I finally completed my slideshow project, and it came out very well - thanks to the help and advice of those of you named below.

Malet Kid

GrandpaBruce

Patty

Sknis

Steve (the other one)

Paul

DVD Builder with Videowave and Sound Editor worked much better that MyDVD Slideshow, and produced a higher quality DVD.

Terry22580

You are welcome, and I am glad that your production was success.

Malet Kid

GrandpaBruce

Patty

Sknis

Steve (the other one)

Paul

Terry22580

You're welcome.

As you become more familiar with the process and software, I hope you do drop by frequently to help others and share your experience and discovery.

Archived