• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

International Compatability

smugger

Question

i live in the U.K. and have a film on VHS video PAL which i have now transferd to a DVD-R

a friend of mine in the U.S.A. wants me to send them a copy and was wondering if anybody knows if there would be a compatability problem with them playing the DVD on there DVD player.

In the uk if i buy a region 1 DVD we have to make shure that our T.V.s can handle a NTSC signal plus have a multiregion DVD player that's why i'm not shure about sending the DVD to the U.S.

any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I could post a list of DVD players, PAL to NTSC available in the US. That work fine on US TV's. Just remember region coding and Pal to NTSC are two different things. Some are as cheap as $25=$40 US.

cdanteek

I think that my set top DVD player will play either. And you are spot on about not confusing region coding with Pal and NTSC.

NO it will not play. There are very few, if any, multi-players sold in the US and I don't know of any TV set that will.

I could post a list of DVD players, PAL to NTSC available in the US. That work fine on US TV's. Just remember region coding and Pal to NTSC are two different things. Some are as cheap as $25=$40 US.

cdanteek

Archived