• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
rbaumchen

No Sound In VideoWave

Question

None of these files formats are supported in Videowave/MyDVD because they have non-standard file extensions.

If you click on Add Video/Image, you will see the list of 'valid' formats. MP2 is not there but M2P is listed. The JVC uses .MOD. All you have to do is change the file extension to MPG and they will work.

I am having this problem to. I have Easy Media Creator 9 and I am trying to edit a video using VideoWave, I changed the extension to .mpg and it recognized the video but know I have lost all the audio?

11 answers to this question

I am having this problem to. I have Easy Media Creator 9 and I am trying to edit a video using VideoWave, I changed the extension to .mpg and it recognized the video but know I have lost all the audio?

This may need some trouble shooting. First, of course is to determine if the audio is in the original video.I'll assume that it is. Second, when you add the mpg file to VideoWave, switch to timeline mode and then select show/hide tracks. Put a check mark in the native audio box and close that window. Do you see a line in the native audio track? It should be near the middle of the track.

If you see the line and it is near the middle of the track but still can't hear it, go to Media Manager and right click on the video file. Select extract audio and save the file. Close Media Manager and open Sound Editor. Add that saved file and export it as a wav file.

Go back to VideoWave add your video and then use the show/hide tracks (if necessary) to show a second audio track. Doesn't matter which one you put the check mark by. Now add that exported audio file to that other audio track. Do you hear it now?

If not, perhaps the audio codec is missing. Download and run gspot. It will tell you if the proper codecs are present on your computer.

Do you have the deluxe version of EMC 9? There is a program called Sound Soap that will work with the mov files to "fix" the sound. If you don't have it, it is not worth buying unless you do a lot of mov editing. Sorry, they don't have a free trial.

Please come back and let us know if any of this has been helpful and if your problem is solved.

This may need some trouble shooting. First, of course is to determine if the audio is in the original video.I'll assume that it is. Second, when you add the mpg file to VideoWave, switch to timeline mode and then select show/hide tracks. Put a check mark in the native audio box and close that window. Do you see a line in the native audio track? It should be near the middle of the track.

If you see the line and it is near the middle of the track but still can't hear it, go to Media Manager and right click on the video file. Select extract audio and save the file. Close Media Manager and open Sound Editor. Add that saved file and export it as a wav file.

Go back to VideoWave add your video and then use the show/hide tracks (if necessary) to show a second audio track. Doesn't matter which one you put the check mark by. Now add that exported audio file to that other audio track. Do you hear it now?

If not, perhaps the audio codec is missing. Download and run gspot. It will tell you if the proper codecs are present on your computer.

Do you have the deluxe version of EMC 9? There is a program called Sound Soap that will work with the mov files to "fix" the sound. If you don't have it, it is not worth buying unless you do a lot of mov editing. Sorry, they don't have a free trial.

Please come back and let us know if any of this has been helpful and if your problem is solved.

The audio is in the original. I did add the native track and it was there so I tried to extract audio using Media Manager and that worked but then when I went into Sound Editor it told me that the file that I extracted wasnt a recognized audio file. When I extracted it it extracted it to a .wav file but Sound Editor didnt like it?

I downloaded GSpot and it recognizes the file and says all codecs are loaded?

The audio is in the original. I did add the native track and it was there so I tried to extract audio using Media Manager and that worked but then when I went into Sound Editor it told me that the file that I extracted wasnt a recognized audio file. When I extracted it it extracted it to a .wav file but Sound Editor didnt like it?

I downloaded GSpot and it recognizes the file and says all codecs are loaded?

Good question. Can you upload the audio file an let me know here it is. I could try to see if my Sound Editor or Sound Soap will do anything with it.

Read the pm I'll send you.

Good question. Can you upload the audio file an let me know here it is. I could try to see if my Sound Editor or Sound Soap will do anything with it.

Read the pm I'll send you.

Yes no problem so you just want the file I extracted from Media Manager?

Yes no problem so you just want the file I extracted from Media Manager?

Yes

I'd rather you just upload it to a file sharing site and tell me where. It will be quicker and more reliable.

I'd rather you just upload it to a file sharing site and tell me where. It will be quicker and more reliable.

What site have you used before?

Another thing you could do that would provide useful information is to right click on that extracted wav file, click properties, summary tab. If there is an advanced button on the tab, click on it.

Post what you see for Bit rate, audio sample size, and the other items in the list.

Another thing you could do that would provide useful information is to right click on that extracted wav file, click properties, summary tab. If there is an advanced button on the tab, click on it.

Post what you see for Bit rate, audio sample size, and the other items in the list.

This poster has two threads on the same subject going. I have talked to him via pm and he says that the file size/length was zero. There is no audio that the program will see. Possibly her capture the file via USB but he has never had the courtesy to answer that question.

This poster has two threads on the same subject going. I have talked to him via pm and he says that the file size/length was zero. There is no audio that the program will see. Possibly her capture the file via USB but he has never had the courtesy to answer that question.

You need to let it go, its not worth it and I did answer the question about USB nice try though!