Make border around photos in MY-DVD Slideshow

Harriet B

Question

I'm making a simple slideshow to be played in a DVD player with a TV. I'm using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, My-DVD, and choosing the DVD Projector style with manual controls.

The whole process went smoothly, except that the photos that I'm using (mainly 960x720) fill up the screen on my computer, and when I watch them on a TV, the edges get cut off.

I see that there is an icon that shows the border that is not safe for viewing on TV, but I can't figure out how to get MY-DVD to make the photos smaller on the screen, so that the picture doesn't get cut off at the edges.

Does MY-DVD provide any option to keep the photos within a safe area on the TV?

Thanks.

Harriet

9 answers to this question

Yeah, but the implied title of the software and the discussion were only about cropping, not resizing and a lot more that I'll look at later. I knew there was a reason I was browsing through these posts. B)

You are correct, but I would not have suggested using that software, if it did indeed cut off the pictures. ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(Harriet B @ Nov 7 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm making a simple slideshow to be played in a DVD player with a TV. I'm using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, My-DVD, and choosing the DVD Projector style with manual controls.

The whole process went smoothly, except that the photos that I'm using (mainly 960x720) fill up the screen on my computer, and when I watch them on a TV, the edges get cut off.

I see that there is an icon that shows the border that is not safe for viewing on TV, but I can't figure out how to get MY-DVD to make the photos smaller on the screen, so that the picture doesn't get cut off at the edges.

Thanks.

Harriet

Harriet, use a free program like Image Cropper to bulk crop those photos. You can get it here:

http://www.darkwood.demon.co.uk/PC/crop.htm

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harriet B @ Nov 7 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks.

Harriet

Harriet, use a free program like Image Cropper to bulk crop those photos. You can get it here:

http://www.darkwood.demon.co.uk/PC/crop.htm

If you want to keep the entire picture, you can use MsPaint to reduce it's size. Just load each picture into the program, click on the Image menu and select Stretch and scew. Put the same value in both horizontal and vertical in the STRETCH section (say 80%) to reduce the picture by 20%. **** DISREGARD THIS --- GET THE FREEWARE ***

You're welcome. I just reiterated Bruce's suggestion.

Yeah, but the implied title of the software and the discussion were only about cropping, not resizing and a lot more that I'll look at later. I knew there was a reason I was browsing through these posts. B)

Just to add on, within the Roxio suite there is Multi Photo Enhance (Start > All Programs > Roxio > Photo > Multi Photo Enhance). I have V9 but I think I read somewhere this capability is similar in V8.

Add files, click on Transform, Resize, Select a preset size or choose a custom size. I've tried it and it works pretty well to batch resize, although the other free programs mentioned may have more advantages over this as I don't often notice it mentioned here as an alternative.

If you want to be totally confused by suggestions, You can also try "Multiple Image Resizer" it works a little differently but I think there are a little more options if you learn it.

Photosuite will do it one at a time also. Photoshop will do batch.

If you use other than MIR, 15 percent is a better reduction; for non CRT displays, maybe even less.

Archived