Roxio 8 Application Issues

gvillaroman

Question

I have had to restore my hard drive from a backup due to a hardware failure. Now, everytime I try to launch Roxio 8 applicatons (esepecially Roxio Central), my CPU spikes to 100% and the app does not even launch. Once I stop that process, the CPU usage drops down to normal. I've tried runnng the repair but the results are still the same. Anyone run into this issue?

3 answers to this question

This is normal the first time. It is the Media Manager indexing all of your media files. To stop it, RIGHT click on the icon in the systray that says 'watched folders' and stop the process there. It shouldn't start again until you turn it back on in the MEdia Manager.

Thanks for the quick response. So, if I just let it run, eventually, the application should launch. That's good info. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks again.

I have had to restore my hard drive from a backup due to a hardware failure. Now, everytime I try to launch Roxio 8 applicatons (esepecially Roxio Central), my CPU spikes to 100% and the app does not even launch. Once I stop that process, the CPU usage drops down to normal. I've tried runnng the repair but the results are still the same. Anyone run into this issue?

Archived