• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

burning to dvd

sweetness

Question

13 answers to this question

Lynn,

since the OP says that the program is encoding then there must be a DVD burner present since myDVD will not proceed to encoding if the correct hardware and/or media is not present when the Burn to Disc option is selected.

Lyn wouldn't realize that, Walt. She has never run anything higher than Version 6, and she said that only stayed on her machine for three weeks.

can someone please help

You give no info at all but from your only other post in the v8 forum, I'll assume you have v8. Please post back with your computer specs and the steps you took to make your dvd.

Also, make sure your burners firmware is up to date.

I have a sony vaio, i created a dvd using slide shows and video clips the file type is a mydvd8.

I read that if you update your computer with the wrong firmware it could harm your computer, what does it do and do I have to do

I can't burn my dvd, the project will encode then it says it burns but the disk has nothing on it

I have a sony vaio, i created a dvd using slide shows and video clips the file type is a mydvd8.

I read that if you update your computer with the wrong firmware it could harm your computer, what does it do and do I have to do

I don't think your problem is firmware but likely something else. But, you are correct. Flashing the firmware incorrectly could ruin your drive. However, if your firmware is old, updating is a good idea. You should contact Sony to see what firmware may be available for your burner. Also make sure you have the latest video drivers.

Thanks to whoever merged the 2 threads into 1. :rolleyes:

I checked with sony to see about firmware and I don't need to upgrade. how do i make sure i have the latest video drivers

I checked with sony to see about firmware and I don't need to upgrade. how do i make sure i have the latest video drivers

Again, check with Sony for the video card that came with your system and see if newer ones are available. Also, visit Microsoft for the latest DirectX download.

Again, there is no surety that doing this will fix your problem but it will narrow down what else it could be. Other things could be poor media so you should also try another brand of disc if you continue to have these problems.

Of posts I've seen where someone can't burn a project to DVD, one very common problem is they don't have a DVD burner. Sometimes it is a combo drive (reads DVDs, reads & writes CDs), and sometimes it is just a CD drive.

If you don't know how to find out the id string of your burner, and your other computer specifications (like grandpabruce, Daithi and Paul have in their signature), use the Belarc adviser, which you can find here. Belarc downloads a small program, which can check what hardware and software you have on the computer.

Lynn

Of posts I've seen where someone can't burn a project to DVD, one very common problem is they don't have a DVD burner. Sometimes it is a combo drive (reads DVDs, reads & writes CDs), and sometimes it is just a CD drive.

If you don't know how to find out the id string of your burner, and your other computer specifications (like grandpabruce, Daithi and Paul have in their signature), use the Belarc adviser, which you can find here. Belarc downloads a small program, which can check what hardware and software you have on the computer.

Lynn

Lynn,

since the OP says that the program is encoding then there must be a DVD burner present since myDVD will not proceed to encoding if the correct hardware and/or media is not present when the Burn to Disc option is selected.

Archived