• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Motion Picture Slide Show Pics Are Blurry

easternherp

Question

I have just got the latest version of the software after using version 6 and have created my first slide show with it. All the images are very soft and blurry unlike the original images which are very crisp and sharp. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?

4 answers to this question

Thanks for a quick reply tsantee. I am viewing it on a Mac with a 17" CRT monitor. I will have a look when I get home and see what it looks like when I view at normal size.

I have created another slide show and the images are very poor when played back. The originals are very sharp but the DVD Slideshow ones are all soft and out of focus. Perhaps it is bad compression from the hi res jpegs.

Anyone have any ideas or have the same problem

I have just got the latest version of the software after using version 6 and have created my first slide show with it. All the images are very soft and blurry unlike the original images which are very crisp and sharp. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?

Do they look soft when played on a TV or when played on the Mac? If they look soft when played on the Mac and you have a flat-panel display, then change the playback to actual size rather than full screen. You'll then see the picture without the Mac interpolating added pixels to fill up the screen.

I have created another slide show and the images are very poor when played back. The originals are very sharp but the DVD Slideshow ones are all soft and out of focus. Perhaps it is bad compression from the hi res jpegs.

Anyone have any ideas or have the same problem

Please provide more information. Are you referring to the image quality when displayed on a TV or on the Mac? What is the resolution of the original images? When you say you made a slide show I'm presuming you created this in Toast and not with Motion Pictures, correct?

There always will be some loss of quality because a video DVD is 720x480 and your original images are certainly higher resolution than that. The biggest problem seems to be when Toast has to strip a large amount of pixels from very high resolution images. Some people have found it better to use a photo editing application to export lower resolution images before dragging those to Toast.

Do they look soft when played on a TV or when played on the Mac? If they look soft when played on the Mac and you have a flat-panel display, then change the playback to actual size rather than full screen. You'll then see the picture without the Mac interpolating added pixels to fill up the screen.

Thanks for a quick reply tsantee. I am viewing it on a Mac with a 17" CRT monitor. I will have a look when I get home and see what it looks like when I view at normal size.

Archived