ppb

No "Select Thumbnail" (greyed out)

Question

Hi,

I just started MyDVD to create a new project. I added a new movie (MPEG); a related thumbnail and associated text was added. The very first frame of the movie is shown as a thumbnail and I would like to change that.

When I right-click on the thumbnail there is no "Select Thumbnail" menu. Under the DVD Menu, the Select Thumbnail menu is greyed out.

What am I doing wrong? This used to work for me under EMC 7.

Regards,

PPB

7 answers to this question

I just tried this again with the "default menu page" that comes up when starting MyDVD and I see two thumbnails, one of which has the select thumbnail when right-clicked.

The Menu Style I was using was the Steel Veins menu style, which doe snot appear to have these two thumbnails...

What gives?

PP

I just tried this again with the "default menu page" that comes up when starting MyDVD and I see two thumbnails, one of which has the select thumbnail when right-clicked.

The Menu Style I was using was the Steel Veins menu style, which doe snot appear to have these two thumbnails...

What gives?

PP

Not every menu style has a thumbnail for each title added, some have only text and a thumbnail which shows the first movie added by default. The Steel Veins seems to be such a menu. For the default menu you can change the thumbnails

Thanks for the info.

I went back to the default menu, used Select Thumbnail to get the thumbnail I wanted, then re-applied the Steel Veins menu. Voilà ! I ended up with what I wanted.

A bit of a convoluted way to get there. Too bad you can't do this directly from the desired menu.

Cheers,

PP

Thanks for the info.

I went back to the default menu, used Select Thumbnail to get the thumbnail I wanted, then re-applied the Steel Veins menu. Voilà ! I ended up with what I wanted.

A bit of a convoluted way to get there. Too bad you can't do this directly from the desired menu.

Cheers,

PP

You realize that you cannot click on the thumbnail in the SteelVeins menu to start the movie since it is just a visual window to show the video. It is similar to the big thumbnail in the default menu which also does nothing.

You realize that you cannot click on the thumbnail in the SteelVeins menu to start the movie since it is just a visual window to show the video. It is similar to the big thumbnail in the default menu which also does nothing.

Hummm,

Not sure it matters since it looks like if the video starts when I used the OK or the Play button in the Preview mode....

ANyway, I may just change the menu to something else, to be safe.

Thanks,

PP

Of course,, you can always select the TEXT BUTTON and then click Button Style to change it to a Thumbnail button.

And then put some title text next to the newly created button.