• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
hawaiiguy

popcorn 3 on mac mini

Question

I downloaded Popcorn 3 on mac mini (intel 10.4.10) and followed instructions to install: dragged to applications folder. I clicked on Popcorn Application, it looked like it was starting up and ... nothing.

I did this a few more times and I had the same result.

I normally have the unit headless (running Vine server VNC), but when I plugged in an external montior the program started right up. I inserted the serial number and it worked fine. I then disconnected the external monitor, rebooted and same problem... the application looked like it was starting and then nothing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I downloaded Popcorn 3 on mac mini (intel 10.4.10) and followed instructions to install: dragged to applications folder. I clicked on Popcorn Application, it looked like it was starting up and ... nothing.

I did this a few more times and I had the same result.

I normally have the unit headless (running Vine server VNC), but when I plugged in an external montior the program started right up. I inserted the serial number and it worked fine. I then disconnected the external monitor, rebooted and same problem... the application looked like it was starting and then nothing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am having exactly the same problem. I tried it on 3 different MACs a G4 Mini, and Intel Mini and a MacBook Pro. All running leopard. Tivo software loads and transfers files. Popcorn hops three times and does not load.

This is a major pain!

Just read the Pinned note and downloaded Popcorn 3 beta. That seems to work.

At least it loaded.

DMW

Edited by dmward

thanks for the reply.

but I am running 10.4.10, and the Popcorn 3 beta would not help cause I am not running leopard: The software boots up and runs fine if I have a monitor attached, but I am running it on a headless mini: I don't know if the system is preventing popcorn from loading because I don't have a monitor attached...

Come to think of it, the Apple DVD player will not run without a monitor either... I wonder if that is related...

I don't understand, how are you using a mini without a monitor? :blink: That's not even good for the mini :unsure:

All running leopard.

Popcorn is not Leopard compatible... ;)

I don't understand, how are you using a mini without a monitor? :blink: That's not even good for the mini :unsure:

Popcorn is not Leopard compatible... ;)

I am using Vine server on the Mac Mini, and a VNC client on my macbook to remotely control the unit... it sits on the shelf with my hard drives.

downloaded popcorn 3 beta and same problem persists. Icon bounces up and down and nothing.

I am using Vine server on the Mac Mini, and a VNC client on my macbook to remotely control the unit... it sits on the shelf with my hard drives.

downloaded popcorn 3 beta and same problem persists. Icon bounces up and down and nothing.

I don't have a mini but it seems likely from your findings that you'll need to connect a monitor any time you want to use Popcorn.

I don't have a mini but it seems likely from your findings that you'll need to connect a monitor any time you want to use Popcorn.

solved the problem: I connected a DVI to Video (Svideo/RCA) adapter and now the system thinks that theres a monitor attached: I am stuck with 1024X768, but at least it works. Compressing and burning fine now.

I just downloaded Popcorn 3 and dragged it to my applications foldre and it will not open. I really need to copy a dvd now. Help anyone!!! I have a G5 with OS X .3.9 Help. I also cannot find the beta link you talk about. :o

I just downloaded Popcorn 3 and dragged it to my applications foldre and it will not open. I really need to copy a dvd now. Help anyone!!! I have a G5 with OS X .3.9 Help. I also cannot find the beta link you talk about. :o

Popcorn 3 requires OS 10.4.10 or later.

What is your source video that you need to burn to DVD. Maybe I can suggest an application that will work for you.