• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Doesn't Match Video

texasbrooks@rgv.rr.com

Question

Ok, I've built the movie with clips, etc... and it looks great on the computer. But when I burn a DVD, the audio is way ahead of the video. I'm finished talking before my lips start to move!! The movie is 6:40 long... so it's not an incredibly huge file.

What's the cause of this and how can I correct?? I have a video that HAS to go out as soon as possible, so thanks for all the help!

4 answers to this question

well let me ask you?

was the sound in sync before?

cause i know i have issues on matching sound & video when i try to replace the sound with something louder(always by .01 second)

what i wish i could find is a video editor that had a auto-sych system to it as i rip my hair out trying to match the sound & video together.

if possible what i do is add a title to the very beginning on the clip, make both the text & bg black and have the program place the title on the video slot that gives you 1 second to give the sound time to match up.

what i dont suggest you do afterword is converting the finished clip over with a convertor(every time i do, the clip is our of sych again)

luckly roxio allows you to save in more than 1 format unlike movie maker :)

1) Please list your computer specs.

2) Clean your hard drive of malware, defrag, disconnect from the internet and shut down all running programs including your ant-virus and malware.

3) Since you didn't indicate where you built the movie, I'm going to assume that you are using VideoWave. Instead of burning to disc, (you have several options). Click on burn to disc and select create iso file then copy that file to your disc or click on the "reel" and output that file as a mpg2 file -best quality. Once it completes, you can click on it and play it to see if the sound is still in sync. If so, you can use DVD builder to complete the project (again, make the iso file with nothing else checked) then use disc copier to copy the iso file to the disc.

Ok, I've built the movie with clips, etc... and it looks great on the computer. But when I burn a DVD, the audio is way ahead of the video. I'm finished talking before my lips start to move!! The movie is 6:40 long... so it's not an incredibly huge file.

What's the cause of this and how can I correct?? I have a video that HAS to go out as soon as possible, so thanks for all the help!

1) Please list your computer specs.

2) Clean your hard drive of malware, defrag, disconnect from the internet and shut down all running programs including your ant-virus and malware.

3) Since you didn't indicate where you built the movie, I'm going to assume that you are using VideoWave. Instead of burning to disc, (you have several options). Click on burn to disc and select create iso file then copy that file to your disc or click on the "reel" and output that file as a mpg2 file -best quality. Once it completes, you can click on it and play it to see if the sound is still in sync. If so, you can use DVD builder to complete the project (again, make the iso file with nothing else checked) then use disc copier to copy the iso file to the disc.

I've tried everything... but the audio is still not matching with the video. This is the most frustrating software I've ever used. And now they're wanting to charge me $35 to call for support?

Does anyone else have some tips on keeping the audio in sync with the video? We've deleted software, defrag'd the hard drive, tried saving as all kinds of video types... but still nothing in in sync.

Thanks for the help!!!!

I've tried everything... but the audio is still not matching with the video. This is the most frustrating software I've ever used. And now they're wanting to charge me $35 to call for support?

Does anyone else have some tips on keeping the audio in sync with the video? We've deleted software, defrag'd the hard drive, tried saving as all kinds of video types... but still nothing in in sync.

Thanks for the help!!!!

The first tip would be to answer the questions of the person trying to help you.

Archived