• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Tim Wayne

Popcorn 2.01 will NOT work on Leopard

Question

WARNING: Better hold off that upgrade to Leopard. Popcorn 2 will NOT work on Leopard!

Upon hitting the burn button, we get the error "Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -13780" This error comes up every time for every file with every disk type.

I just downloaded and installed the patch and am still getting this error message.

Technical Support at Roxio consists of a support portal. All my attempts to login to the portal have been unsuccessful (I have read about this particular problem on the Mac Update forum). Calls to Roxio to fix the support portal login problem (new login, new password, etc.) have not resolved the problem and we are still unable to log in to the support portal. (Friendly people on the phone, though.)

If I had known Popcorn and Leopard were incompatible, I would have held off my upgrade. We burn a LOT of DVDs here, mostly of the one movie we have the rights to, and suddenly we can't burn anything.

This is a major bummer and the support situation is aggravating.

6 answers to this question

WARNING: Better hold off that upgrade to Leopard. Popcorn 2 will NOT work on Leopard!

Upon hitting the burn button, we get the error "Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -13780" This error comes up every time for every file with every disk type.

I just downloaded and installed the patch and am still getting this error message.

Technical Support at Roxio consists of a support portal. All my attempts to login to the portal have been unsuccessful (I have read about this particular problem on the Mac Update forum). Calls to Roxio to fix the support portal login problem (new login, new password, etc.) have not resolved the problem and we are still unable to log in to the support portal. (Friendly people on the phone, though.)

If I had known Popcorn and Leopard were incompatible, I would have held off my upgrade. We burn a LOT of DVDs here, mostly of the one movie we have the rights to, and suddenly we can't burn anything.

What about Popcorn 3?

Popcorn 3 System Requirements

Leopard is going to require some upgrades, just as Tiger did. So to say delay in moving on just because an outdated version of software won't work for you, is somewhat short sighted. Upgrade and if they say it will work and it doesn't, then it's time to complain.

What about Popcorn 3?

Popcorn 3 System Requirements

Leopard is going to require some upgrades, just as Tiger did. So to say delay in moving on just because an outdated version of software won't work for you, is somewhat short sighted. Upgrade and if they say it will work and it doesn't, then it's time to complain.

I said in my post, "I just downloaded and installed the patch and am still getting this error message." I am not sure how much more clear I could have been. Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote?

The fact is, I downloaded the patch to fix Popcorn 2 but I am still getting the error. I tested it on my other mac (that one an Intel based) and am getting the error there as well.

I've had this software for less than a year and it's useless already? That is unacceptable.

I ended up upgrading to version 3. I didn't realize there was an upgrade price (it wasn't obvious from the website). $30 is not a big deal, considering how much I use the software it's worth it.

Version 3 would not open so I called Roxio (I called the sales line since the support portal is unreachable). The sales person guided me to the new version 3.1 beta here in the forums. Downloaded the beta, installed it and now I am happily burning disks.

Yay Roxio!

Was using POPCORN with tiger. Went onto Leopard and POPCORN does not work. Remedy-Uninstall POPCORN----DO NOT-REPEAT--DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE. INSTEAD REVERT TO POPCORN VERSION 2. POPCORN WILL WORK.......