• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Computer Re-booted Before Finishing Music Cds

otter129

I am trying to make 10 music cds for my son's 4th birthday. I got 8 to record, but then my computer froze and I had to re-boot. All of the 8 had been recorded, but none of the 8 had been through the 'finish' component. Are all of these cds lost or is there a way to initiate the 'finish' component now?

I am trying to make 10 music cds for my son's 4th birthday. I got 8 to record, but then my computer froze and I had to re-boot. All of the 8 had been recorded, but none of the 8 had been through the 'finish' component. Are all of these cds lost or is there a way to initiate the 'finish' component now?

What program in ECDC 5 did you use to create these cds.

Also what version of ECDC do you have (the version number can be found by going to the program in question, clicking on "help" at the top, and then "about").

What program in ECDC 5 did you use to create these cds.

Also what version of ECDC do you have (the version number can be found by going to the program in question, clicking on "help" at the top, and then "about").

I used Music CD Project

I am running a freebie that came with my CD burner 5.1.1.105.

As I've tried to burn more Cds, I am seeing all of the tracks being burned, but they are not going thru the 'finish' process. I have only 4 of 17 discs that will play in my boom box now.

Also when I put any of the CDs back into the drive I get a D:/Invalid message

Thanks for your help!

What are you using as the source for your audio CDs? .MP3 files on your HD? A selection of different CDs? Or some combination?

Generally, when you create an Audio CD, ECDC will automatically finalize the disc unless you very specifically tell it not to. You have to select the "Track At Once" option, and tell it not to close the disc. This is usually only done when you are creating an audio CD one track at a time.

So, is that what you were doing? (And if so, why?)

The "best" way to make a CD is to have all of the tracks available on your HD, include them in the Music CD layout, and then burn them all at once.

So, give us more clarification about how you're writing these discs. Also, if the disc are indeed not finalized, you should be able to start ECDC, insert your CD, select Disc -> Disc Information, and when you display the contents of that disc, at the bottom is an option to "Finalize CD". If that doesn't work, you can try going back into Music CD Project, and add one more track (even if it's just 5 seconds of silence) and make sure you select the option to "Close Disc" when you record.

Hope that helps. If not, give us more details.

Archived