converting video to MPEG4

jeph

Question

Not sure how to convert files to MPEG4 for youtube. I'm using EMC 8. If I understand correctly, I can buy converting software. Looks like those programs are usually about $30. Does this sound right?

Or would it make more sense to upgrade to EMC 10, which I think is able to convert to files to MPEG4? That's about $70.

Or is there another option?

One more question, I downloaded a trial version of a file converter program. It has a long list of output formats:

MP4-MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)

DivXMovie (*.avi)

Mpeg 4 AVC Video Format (*.mp4)

Xvid Movie (*avi.)

and so on...

But none are exactly what youtube recommends - "MPEG4 (div, Xvid)". Which should I use?

1 answer to this question

Not sure how to convert files to MPEG4 for youtube. I'm using EMC 8. If I understand correctly, I can buy converting software. Looks like those programs are usually about $30. Does this sound right?

Or would it make more sense to upgrade to EMC 10, which I think is able to convert to files to MPEG4? That's about $70.

Or is there another option?

One more question, I downloaded a trial version of a file converter program. It has a long list of output formats:

MP4-MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)

DivXMovie (*.avi)

Mpeg 4 AVC Video Format (*.mp4)

Xvid Movie (*avi.)

and so on...

But none are exactly what youtube recommends - "MPEG4 (div, Xvid)". Which should I use?

Check out this link for free Roxio product to do this.

Oops! The version to do MPEG-4 costs $20. And yes, EMC10 will convert to MPEG-4.

Archived