Slideshow to Movies to DVD production

Sherrill

Question

Due to the large amount of pictures, I created five separate movies and incorporated them into a DVD production. My problem is they do not string together. Each plays and returns to the menu screen and I have to click on the next movie to play. How do you get them to all play sequentially?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

In MyDVD, there is an options for navigation to play movie X after playing movie Y. Use that. I don't have V8 on my computer but if I remember correctly, it is under settings. The attached is from V9 which is similar.

If you used VideoWave for the project, there is no limit on the number of images/transitions/audio files that can be in one production but I can see, for convenience breaking it up, into more than one project.

Thanks! Unfortunately I cannot find this setting on V8. The help menu mentions using the ctrl button and selecting the movies and add all at once. This did not seem to work either.

I am having the same problem. It appears that the "Settings" item is greyed out so you can not select it. How do you find out which version EMC you have.

Under about this software it states the following

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.91a

Thanks! Unfortunately I cannot find this setting on V8. The help menu mentions using the ctrl button and selecting the movies and add all at once. This did not seem to work either.

You must have the Essentials version. Roxio really blew it with EMC 8. The only version that had everything enabled was the Deluxe version. The other versions were almost as stripped down as the version that came with a computer or DVD burner.

I am having the same problem. It appears that the "Settings" item is greyed out so you can not select it. How do you find out which version EMC you have.

Under about this software it states the following

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.91a

If it is grayed out, it is either a OEM product or not the Deluxe. It is that simple.

Believe it or not, what you posted was the number for the "Home" page and not the applications that you are interested. Open VideoWave or MyDVD and post that number here.

If you got the program on a computer or with a piece of software, it is an OEM "teaser" version. Just enough to tease you into buying the full version. Blame the computer manufacturer or the OEM supplier; they set the specs of what they want to put into the equipment.

If you bought it, look at the box if you still have it. If you don't have the box, try to remember what you paid for it. If it was around $50, it was not the Deluxe. If you paid $70 to $90, it is probably the Deluxe.

Thhe biggest hint would be that V8 Deluxe came with the Dazzle DVC 90 capture device.

I bought version 8 for $80.00 and it is not the Deluxe? It did not come with Dazzle.

What you bought was the middle subversion. (standard). The Deluxe with the DVC 90 retail was $140 but could be had for less.

As previously stated, if you did not get the DVC 90, you do not have the Deluxe where all functions were enabled.

Now that that is settled, do you have a question? Start a new thread please.

I have not tried this yet as I upgraded, so not sure if this is the fix.

But according to Roxio, here is the solution, for what it is worth.

Open MyDVD

Add your movies

Right click on the menu button for a movie and choose properties

Under After Playing select the movie you wish to play next.

I have not tried this yet as I upgraded, so not sure if this is the fix.

But according to Roxio, here is the solution, for what it is worth.

Open MyDVD

Add your movies

Right click on the menu button for a movie and choose properties

Under After Playing select the movie you wish to play next.

That's what I said in post 2 ! Even an image. :unsure:

Due to the large amount of pictures, I created five separate movies and incorporated them into a DVD production. My problem is they do not string together. Each plays and returns to the menu screen and I have to click on the next movie to play. How do you get them to all play sequentially?

Thanks!

In MyDVD, there is an options for navigation to play movie X after playing movie Y. Use that. I don't have V8 on my computer but if I remember correctly, it is under settings. The attached is from V9 which is similar.

If you used VideoWave for the project, there is no limit on the number of images/transitions/audio files that can be in one production but I can see, for convenience breaking it up, into more than one project.

Archived