• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Break Imported Video Into Clips?

tkistre

Question

We are using Roxio 8 complete suite. My wife has been using it since Roxio 7 and loves to import all of her Digital video with it and make DVD's, Lessons for school, etc... One thing she has never been able to do is import the video into clips like Windows Movie Maker does. Is there a setting or a way to make it do so? She usually uses VideoWave to import her video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Gary, you are the man. It's amazing that my wife has made some outstanding videos in the last 2-3 years since she started using Roxio. Only problem was she was usually under a time restraint so she didn't have time to really look through all the settings to see everything Roxio can do. There are lots of things she has wanted to try but couldn't find the time to figure it out. Although I use dicussion groups alot for computer support, since I build & repair computers, I just didn't think about looking here. I've been looking at several of the posts that interest me and learning alot.

Since you, and others, are guru's, I have another question. I've seen on sports video, for example, how they will rewind video and then replay it. Can Roxio do that? If so, can you give me the hint. Thanks again!

Unforutnately, reverse video is not available. I found a small shareware app that did this, but only on DV AVI files. It would reverse the video and save it as a second file. There aren't that many editors with this feature yet. May be we can create a wishlist for Videowave 9. :)

Thanks, that is exactly what we were looking for. It definately makes it easier to get to certain clips of video without watching the whole thing.

Can you tell me if there is a slow or fast motion effect you can apply to the video while editing?

Yes there is:

Load Videowave

Add a video file

In the timeline, RIGHT mouse button click on it and select ADJUST DURATION

At the bottom of this dialog box, there is a horizontal slider.

Move left to slow down the video

Move right to speed up the video

post-49-1141705716.jpg

Thanks, that is exactly what we were looking for. It definately makes it easier to get to certain clips of video without watching the whole thing.

Can you tell me if there is a slow or fast motion effect you can apply to the video while editing?

Try this thread for the answer.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...c=1737&hl=speed The answer is below but the attachment is in the thread.

To adjust speed, RIGHT click on the video clip and select ADJUST DURATION. Move the slider left to slow it down and move it to the right for faster. Unfortunately, it isn't labelled.

Beat me to it Gary................... :)

Attached image(s)

Archived