Installing Content Cd

bpawthe1st

Question

I'm trying to install my content cd. i've tried doing the control panel, add/remove thing as well as doing a full install to begin with. Every time i get error 1309, can not find a certain file. So i click ignore it cant find the next file. It cant find ANY file on the cd and thus cant install. I have gone into the exploror and located the files myself so i know they are there. it says verify that the file exists and that you can access it; well ive done both. Now what?

4 answers to this question

If you have already installed the main program succesfully, place the "Content" CD in your CD drive and if you open up "Windows Explorer" you will see a file named "AutoSupp.exe". Just right click or double click on that file name and it should start running the program to add all the extra files it contains, to your main program.

Frank...........

If you have already installed the main program succesfully, place the "Content" CD in your CD drive and if you open up "Windows Explorer" you will see a file named "AutoSupp.exe". Just right click or double click on that file name and it should start running the program to add all the extra files it contains, to your main program.

Frank...........

I just tried it exactly as you suggested. AutoSupp.exe is there but nothing happens after double clicking it.

I tried doing what I had suggested and it didn't open the executable program for me either. That's my bad and I apologize for that suggestion. Usually when you click on an executable program it takes a look at the "INF" file for it and runs.

The next thing I would suggest is to place your EMC operating CD in the drive and when it opens pick the "MODIFY" option (should be the top option shown). Make sure that all of the items do not have a red "X" in them and go from there. As it installs the program it will along the way ask you to insert the content CD in the drive. That is the way the program works when you first install it. You might have missed that part of your original installation.

Again I opologize for the original suggestion regarding running the AutoSupp.exe program file. However, that is the file that runs when the content CD is initiated when installing the original program.

Frank.........

I'm trying to install my content cd. i've tried doing the control panel, add/remove thing as well as doing a full install to begin with. Every time i get error 1309, can not find a certain file. So i click ignore it cant find the next file. It cant find ANY file on the cd and thus cant install. I have gone into the exploror and located the files myself so i know they are there. it says verify that the file exists and that you can access it; well ive done both. Now what?

If it doesn't work, then uninstall the program, download and run the Microsoft Cleanup Utility and get rid of all Roxo and Sonic entries, reboot, and try to install again.

At that time, select Custom Install, and you can opt to have it install the Content CD at that time.

Archived