BJNeedsHelp

Slides Missing from DVD Slide Show

Question

I created a slide show of 118 slides in VideoWave with comments attached. Once I had burned it to DVD and played it back, a good number of the pictures (slides) are missing - the screen is black but the comments are visible.

I have read other entries on this subject, but cannot find the answer.

One entry said that Slideshow Assistant was only good for up to 99 slides, but I used VideoWave.

Any help?

17 answers to this question

I created a slide show of 118 slides in VideoWave with comments attached. Once I had burned it to DVD and played it back, a good number of the pictures (slides) are missing - the screen is black but the comments are visible.

One entry said that Slideshow Assistant was only good for up to 99 slides, but I used VideoWave.

Any help?

If you do a preview in MyDVD, does it show the same problem?

Any help?

If you do a preview in MyDVD, does it show the same problem?

I'm sorry. I'm new at this. The slide show is saved as "dmsm" file. How do I play it in myDVD? It wants to use VideoWave as a preview method.

I'm sorry. I'm new at this. The slide show is saved as "dmsm" file. How do I play it in myDVD? It wants to use VideoWave as a preview method.

When I saw the word "burned" in your post, I was thinking you brought it in MyDVD.

If you preview it in Videowave, is it ok (it runs through the entire procution without issue)?

When I saw the word "burned" in your post, I was thinking you brought it in MyDVD.

If you preview it in Videowave, is it ok (it runs through the entire procution without issue)?

Sorry, I'm also new at using this forum.

I did burn it to a DVD. That's where I discovered missing pictures.

It replays fine in VideoWave - no problems at all.

Guest RCD74
Sorry, I'm also new at using this forum.

I did burn it to a DVD. That's where I discovered missing pictures.

It replays fine in VideoWave - no problems at all.

You must update your video card drivers and download DirectX 9.0. This SHOULD solve your problems. It did when I started using EMC9. Not to mention, you need to use quality media when burning. I am a huge fan of the Verbatim Datalife Plus DVD-R. They are excellent and you can buy them on Newegg.com for only around $19 including shipping for a 50 pack. You can view them here. Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Rachel

You must update your video card drivers and download DirectX 9.0. This SHOULD solve your problems. It did when I started using EMC9. Not to mention, you need to use quality media when burning. I am a huge fan of the Verbatim Datalife Plus DVD-R. They are excellent and you can buy them on Newegg.com for only around $19 including shipping for a 50 pack. You can view them here. Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Rachel

I updated all of my drivers a couple of days ago. I had an ticket in with Roxio and that's what they suggested.

I use Memorex DVDs.

Another suggestion from Roxio was to create another project to see if the same issue exists. So I'm in the process of recreating my slide show, but it is time consuming. I wont know if the problem still exists until I finish the new project.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I updated all of my drivers a couple of days ago. I had an ticket in with Roxio and that's what they suggested.

I use Memorex DVDs.

Another suggestion from Roxio was to create another project to see if the same issue exists. So I'm in the process of recreating my slide show, but it is time consuming. I wont know if the problem still exists until I finish the new project.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You'll find very few here who will use Memorex media. It's just junk. You might be lucky for awhile but in the long run, you're wasting your money.

You'll find very few here who will use Memorex media. It's just junk. You might be lucky for awhile but in the long run, you're wasting your money.

Thanks for the tip. Next time I'll buy something else; but I still need to resolve the problem of missing pictures from my slide show.

Thanks for the tip. Next time I'll buy something else; but I still need to resolve the problem of missing pictures from my slide show.

OK. I recreated my entire slide show and when I started to burn the DVD, as the "Burn Project" was running I could see that there are pictures missing. I halted the process because it was obviously not going to work.

This problem does not appear to be media related, but Roxio related.

Any suggestions?

OK. I recreated my entire slide show and when I started to burn the DVD, as the "Burn Project" was running I could see that there are pictures missing. I halted the process because it was obviously not going to work.

This problem does not appear to be media related, but Roxio related.

Any suggestions?

Is there anything different with the missing pictures, than the ones that show? Did all of the pictures come from the same source?

Is there anything different with the missing pictures, than the ones that show? Did all of the pictures come from the same source?

All of the picture are from scanned slides using a Nikon CoolScan IV slide/film scanner. They were also editted in Adobe PhoteShop Elements 5.0. My second slide show was of the same slides, but re-editted from the original scans. The file sizes are all different from the first pass as I saved them the second time with higher resolution. However, it appears that the same slides are missing from both attempts to burn the slide show.

All of the picture are from scanned slides using a Nikon CoolScan IV slide/film scanner. They were also editted in Adobe PhoteShop Elements 5.0. My second slide show was of the same slides, but re-editted from the original scans. The file sizes are all different from the first pass as I saved them the second time with higher resolution. However, it appears that the same slides are missing from both attempts to burn the slide show.

I should also mention that I was able to create a Video file in "mpg" format which appears to be complete.

I should also mention that I was able to create a Video file in "mpg" format which appears to be complete.

I had a ticket in to Roxio on this issue. Their suggestion was to completely remove all Roxio products and re-install. I get an invalid CD Key error when I try to re-install. Roxio directed me to a patch, but Windows will not let it run even when I "unblock" it.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

I had a ticket in to Roxio on this issue. Their suggestion was to completely remove all Roxio products and re-install. I get an invalid CD Key error when I try to re-install. Roxio directed me to a patch, but Windows will not let it run even when I "unblock" it.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

My problem of missing slides seems to have resolved itself over the past few days. I have had many communications from Roxio support and followed their advice.

They tell me that 100 slides is the optimum number for a successful DVD project.

Contrary to some of the comments I have read in this forum, Roxio Support has been more than helpful and I would suggest using them if you cannot resolve your issues in this forum.

Good Luck and thanks to those of you who responded with suggestions.

My problem of missing slides seems to have resolved itself over the past few days. I have had many communications from Roxio support and followed their advice.

They tell me that 100 slides is the optimum number for a successful DVD project.

Contrary to some of the comments I have read in this forum, Roxio Support has been more than helpful and I would suggest using them if you cannot resolve your issues in this forum.

You can use as many photos as you want in VideoWave. 100 photos certainly is not the optimum. If you use the Assistant, you can only add 99.

If support is telling you that 100 photos is the max, then they are totally wrong! I and others have created slideshows with several hundreds of slides. I would not rely on Roxio support, they seem to be more often wrong then right!

Only when you use rhe Slideshow Wizard is there a limit. The best program to use is Videowave and it has no limit except for the space on your DVD.

Edited by myguggi

I am having the exact same problem!!! What is the fix?

Exact same problem as what? A little more information might help, like the program you are using, what kind of production you are doing.

So far, you gave no useable information.