• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Missle

Capture to network drive?

I store everything on my Windows Home Server. I would like to be able to plug my DV camera into my MCE machine and use Firewire to capture the video straight to a share on my WHS. Is this supported? I ask because Windows Movie Make does not support capturing to network drives. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a good setup. Unforunately, WHS was released a long time after the DV Capture module was developed, so it hasn't been qualified for use with WHS. Have you tried it?

We do not have plans at this time to support WHS officially, but it may "just work."

I have not tried it yet. I just finished my new MCE that has front 1394, so once I do, I'll post the results.

There's nothing magic about WHS that isn't already in Windows -- it just exposes some CIFS shares to which other machines can connect. Even if you map a drive, they still look like network drives. So, it's just a matter of whether the Roxio software on the Media Center exposes only local drives, or a list of local and network drives.