• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Possible to Compress 4.68 to 4.38gigs in Toast 8?

xray

Question

I just purchased Toast 8 for my Mac Tiger OS. When I try burning a 15min Quicktime .mov to

DVD I get error that I only have 4.38 gigs available and I need 4.68. Must I use DivX, or are

there settings I can futz with to lower quality slightly so I can get it down to the 4.38 file size?

Thanks. :(

2 answers to this question

I just purchased Toast 8 for my Mac Tiger OS. When I try burning a 15min Quicktime .mov to

DVD I get error that I only have 4.38 gigs available and I need 4.68. Must I use DivX, or are

there settings I can futz with to lower quality slightly so I can get it down to the 4.38 file size?

Thanks. :(

I've also responded to your other post about this. What setting are you using in Toast? A 15-minute QuickTime movie shouldn't be larger than about 3.5 GB in itself. Toast's automatic setting will encode up to about 3 hours of video to fit a DVD. The message you're getting just doesn't make any sense to me.

In the Video section, click on the tab marked DVD video. You'll see the monkey wrench marked options in the lower left. Click on that, and you'll see a slider for video quality that lets you choose good-better-best. If you really want to get fancy, click on more, choose the encoding tab, and choose custom. You can then have complete control of the settings.

The right hand bottom side pull-down over the red button should read DVD.

I would not have thought that a 15 minute file was quoting itself as too big. To give you a comparison, I just put a 1.5 hour AVI file in on the DVD-Video tab, and it shows itself fitting comfortably on a DVD at 640X480 at 24fps and stereo audio.

Archived